Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove from Seattle to San Diego and back 3k miles . I-5 corridor the whole way. The entire trip didn't see a single PM on the rd. Two on a lot in CA.... Wonder how many units they actually have out there. I expected to see more on the rd....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just made a trip from Kansas to southeast Georgia and back. Saw 2 PM's, both with commercial markings, and one PM Winnebago RV. Surprised me we saw that many

·
Registered
20 Posts
i wanna hear from the drivers about their comfort level on the long drives. i've heard a few but i would like to hear more.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Out here in a rural area of Western New York the only trucks I see are pickup trucks. I get lots of stares and guys wanting to talk about it in parking lots. With the high roof sure is easy to find in a parking lot! But the 159 wb takes up more than one spot so I have to park farther out (which I don't mind, wouldn't want someone dinging my new toy!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the first 118 wb low roof in our town a couple weeks ago. Read somewhere there were only 665 low roofs shipped so far. The dealer has three high roofs on the lot, but hasn't sold any.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our dealership has 13 promasters . I have not seen them sell one this year. They are not moving. I have my eye on one of them though (silver 2500 with two sliders with windows).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I drive for expediting company and I see a lot of them in chicagoland, although, ohio, indiana, michigan. I see at least one every time I go to these states.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went to Inlad in Menominee Falls yesterday to pick up a legend mat for my PM. I only saw 1 in 200miles on I43. The guy there said they were upfitting 5 per week for the Milwaukee market. He had a PM 3500 in the shop putting some legend upfits in it. I have seen some from truck country in Southern Wi. area. Not sure but I think they are from the Madison area. Those sprinter guys sure are lookin hard when I drive by. I think I saw 20 or more sprinters in the same stretch of road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive 4-5K per month. I find the ride to be comfortable but would wish there was more room to strech out my legs.

I normally will see about one other Promaster on the road. Will see about 6-8 Sprinters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My company is an international company. We have been using 3 different vehicles in the Americas.
Jeep Patriot
Dodge Grand Caravan
Ford Econoline

As of a few months ago they let us all know they were giving us the choice to move into the PM 1500

With the amount of driving and boxes that I have to deal with on a daily basis, I jumped at the thought of getting the PM. I haven't received my new vehicle yet but I can't wait.

I'm currently in the minivan and people tend to "not see me" and try to run me off the road daily. I'm hoping the bigger vehicle will make that happen less :)

I work in the seacoast section of ME, NH, and MA So I deal with different traffic levels constantly. I drive around 2-300 miles daily. I will update how well the vehicle handles in city, country, and semi mountain conditions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts