Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month and a half ago my entire dashboard went dark. Battery is fully charged and nothing is happening when I turn the key. BTW I can not remove the key out of the lock. It is stucked inside. Turns fine though.

Had it towed to the dealer and waited and waited for a module to arrive. It took over a month to get the part and the dealer replaced it just to find out that it didn't fix the issue. More parts where ordered and more time passed. This is my only vehicle I own and need to operate my business. I rely on my parts and supplies to provide my services. How does Chrysler expect me to survive if they are not able to fix the issue within a decent time? A rental pick up truck just doesn't cut it. They are completely oblivious about my precarious situation and do not offer any immediate solutions.

Unfortunately I have no other options than taking them to court which I can't afford and therefore at their mercy. Not sure how successful someone would be to bring something like this to court anyway. All I can do is to hope that they will be able to find and fix the problem soon. I have no faith in their products and services and will sell the vehicle as soon as I get it back.

It is very frustrating that there are no ways to address time sensitive repairs especially if someones lifelyhood relies on an operational vehicle. I am very disappointed and regret have chosen a 2014 ProMaster.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sorry to hear this:

The Dealers and FCA don't give a crap. They got your $$$... It's the Customer Service style in America today.

Do a search for posts on electric grounding issues? There was some info on here that may help you fix this, at least point the dealership investigate this problem? I think it had to do with some 2014 and/or 2015 models that had a loose grounding point that was causing problems.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Unfortunately I have no other options than taking them to court which I can't afford and therefore at their mercy.
You probably do have another option. What state are you in? Look into the Lemon Law for your state if it has one. Usually three attempts or 30 days is enough to get the process started.

There have been some issues with the earlier 2014's. There are far less issues with late 2015 and I suspect the 2016's will be even better.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is really unusual. I have not heard of these symptoms yet. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Did they provide you with another vehicle? If your a business link member they should have bumped this up to top priority! Although it shouldn't take that long no matter who you are. I'd look into the lemon laws in your state...

·
Registered
184 Posts
PPP, you have options! I for one would find a local attorney that specializes in Lemon Law and almost in every case they will work on a contingency (No cost to You). Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got it back!!!

Thanks for the advice. Without the lemon law not much one can do other than sit tight. Turned out to be a corroded connector (how much corrosion can you get after one year?) Sounds kind of fishy. Anyway the corrections of the dealer included replacement of TIPM/PDC, replace BCM, replaced PCM, replaced ignition switch, checked power and grounds, checked all star cases

Interesting that the dealer found an issue with the wiring diagram which turned out to be incorrect after talking to Chrysler technical support team member. Would be interested to know what the proper one should look like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. Battery fine, key stuck...It was in the shop for a month, half the time just waiting and the rest for the techs to figure out the problem. They didn't replace anything but re-engineered the grounds to the transmission which were the problem. I have a long paragraph of the procedure on the work order. It's been fine since. My revenge was putting 2200 miles on the loaner car.
If they are stuck they can call Withnell Dodge in Salem Oregon and talk with Byron the service manager, super nice guy.
Good luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yennes, can you scan that paragraph and post it here? I've had a couple times when the key did not want to come out. Had to restart van, jiggle things, rock a bit, etc to finally get it to release the key after turning off. I'd like to print that procedure and keep a copy of it in the glove box.
Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I feel your pain. Basically FCA rolled this out in a hurry without the proper parts or service support. I too depend on my van for my living, it's been in the shop 4 times within the FIRST 3000 miles, once they had it for a week waiting for parts. This last time they couldn't figure out the problem after a day without the van, gave me the keys back, cleared the codes and told me to call them when I break down on the street. I also had some corroded wires/harness that caused a big issue too so peterpapay is not alone with this.

Gotta say, I love the van but I regret parting with my money for a product that is NOT supported by the manufacturer well at all. Don't lump me in the love fest with these things.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is why dodge/ram is at the bottom of the list for quality and reliability... The throw in bad customer service to boot!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Currently at 6 months, 8500 miles. Had one dealer visit required (while on our holiday road trip, even). They were nice, quick enough, and had us out in a couple hours. Not bad for an out-of-towner just dropping in mid-day. (dealer was Larry H. Miller, Boise, ID)

No complaints here for build quality or customer service.

Ya gotta realize though, every brand has its lemons and sour grapes; both in vehicles and dealers. Admittedly, some have more than others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts