Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the smoke lid Maxxair fan from Amazon on Monday. It showed up today clearly marked on the outside that it was a "White" lid.....

How hard is it???

Just sayin' >:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Last spring I ordered 2 "smoke" from Amazon and they came together and both were marked "smoke" on the boxes. I did not open them until I was at my van conversion place 2 hours drive away where I had an appointment to have them installed. One was white! I had the white installed in the rear and the smoke in the front. I was not in a position time wise to try to get Amazon to correct the problem as I wanted to get on with my DIY conversion and go north for the summer.

About 2 months later I damaged the rear white one backing out of a garage having low clearance and I had failed to lower the top. The damage was only the lid and its operating parts. I ordered another smoke from a different source and changed out the unit into the existing part installed in the roof. It took less than half an hour.

Happiness is 2 smoke. I have had A/C on 2 previous campers but I like to be off the grid and I hate noise. With the 2 fans I have one blowing in and the other set for exhaust. This gives me a good breeze through the van with the fans on only 30 or 40 percent power so very little DC power is used from my house battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts