Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you value your time more than the penny move along nothing to read here. 3/3/16
Is 44 miles, driveway to station round trip, too far or am I off my rocker with loose screws?
Well let's put those loose screws in place. First off the 44mi is total trip and would not be my first reason to go to town. The grocery store would be my first reason and is 14mi round trip. Now if I need to go to the Target store that is the closest that would be 11.5mi from the grocery store. Now that 44mi-14mi-11.5mi is now 18.5mi to fuel up. My home fuel stations prices were $2.099, $1.859 these stations are all within a half mi of the grocery store. As you can see one is $2.09 which is the first one I would pass but it would cost $4.80 more,on a 20gal fill up than the one for $1.85. The price at the 44mi station is $1.49 and at 20gal that would be $12 savings over the $2.09 price or $4.80 over the $1.85 price. And each gal over 20 would be a 5% cost savings. The cpm is based on fuel cost in the tank the .025 is for tires, oil, filters, def and other. That is from my actual costs of less than .01cent plus projected costs for tires and other at .015cent. Here's two lists from my spread sheet, the second date has up dated miles and cpm+. The travel cost has been included in the cost so the in/out pocket is real. The attachment includes two lists from my spread sheet one is from my last fill up 12/30/16 and this txt. You need to look at the attachment to see the price differences it just didn't copy here with out adjustment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Hey KOV! Don’t assume anything here! The little town I spend winters in is 100 miles from center Phoenix and 40+ miles from the nearest place you have heard of or from a small city in MX. The diesel van has a 550+ mile range so we tend to fill up in Phoenix. The cheapest Diesel there today is $2.259, gas is $1.899 the biggest spread I have seen in well over a year. 16% The difference with diesel pricing is the variability. There are only 6 stations in PHX that cheap according to GasBuddy but for gas there may be 35-70 stations with the same price. It makes GasBuddy a necessity. I see diesel in town here yesterday was $2.919 and gas is $2.49.9 a 14% split. Diesel in Mexico is usually a bit less than ours as is gasoline. Pemex has been the MX government’s monopoly fuel supplier so prices are good there and we always fill the 4Runner if we take that down. The border stations are allowed to float the price to reflect the Norte market. So would you go 100miles to save $.66 a gallon?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts