Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching the RANGE data on the EVIC. The manual says this about it:
"Range
This indicates the distance which may be traveled with the fuel remaining in the tank, assuming that driving conditions will not change. The message “----” will appear on the display in the following cases:
• Distance less than 30 miles (or 50 km).
• The vehicle is parked for a long time with the engine
running.
NOTE: The range depends on several factors: driving style, type of route (freeway, residential, mountain roads, etc.), conditions of use of the car (load, tire pressure, etc.). Trip planning must take into account the above notes."

Mine seems to come up with random range estimates when I reset TRIP A after fill up. Once 500, once 480, and the last time 430. These numbers don't make sense as I drive over 500 miles on a tank and could go more. When I flip over to RANGE it may say 330 and stay there for many miles. Next time it said 303 but I had driven a total of 218 miles on trip A. WTH is this thing doing? Can I adjust it? Has mine failed? Do they all do it?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
It's accurate when it shows "-----" you have 1-2 gals left in the tank. By resetting trip A you reset the averages so range has no clue until you put miles on the van. And yes the range will change by your driving habits it seems to recalibrate by a set number of miles driven. Range is the mile distance you have left until you run out of fuel. Use trip B for daily resets this will not affect the evict numbers.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion of trip B. I'll begin using B for local average and see what happens. When I refill will RANGE know? Without more information from the manual I thought resetting A was resetting Range? I guess not?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Range works per tank, half, full or empty and first calculates with your mpg average and then by actual driving. With range on do a test drive 50 miles at a set mph and then lower your mph by 4mph and you should see an increase in range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts