Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start my 2017 Promaster, the radio turns on automatically, and it drives me bonkers. Also, if I plug in my phone, it starts playing automatically. Is there a way to tell it to cut it out? I'll turn on the music if I want it!

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Yes, if you have the uconnect system, you can go into settings and turn off power on by default.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coming back to this months later... I went through all the settings and couldn't find any way to stop the radio from automatically turning on. Anyone have more specific instructions about how to do this? I have UConnect 5.0.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! Sure enough, it was there. I swear I went through every **** setting and it wasn't there. I think you must have conjured it into being. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Plug a blank thumb drive or blank CD (if you have a CD player) in and leave it on might work. Otherwise get in the habit of pushing the audio off button each time. There may be legal reasons there is no off button.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
I've read that Uconnect can go to 60 mins, but my RH3 radio doesn't.
This is the only way I can find of doing it, AlfaOBD

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
873 Posts
And while we're discussing...

If the radio's off and you get a call on bluetooth, when the call is finished, the radio comes on! My fix... leave the radio volume all the way down!
That's what I do, just leave the volume all the way down to 0 when not actively listening to music. Phone calls still come in fine at regular volume.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts