Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured out that I have to lock the drivers door with either the key or the FOB, but nothing I have done will lock the passenger door and I can't find anything about how to do it the owners manual.

There is a lock button next to the four way flasher button on the dash, but it doesn't lock the passenger door. It only locks the side door, I think.

There is a rocker switch behind the window buttons on the drivers door, one side with a lock symbol and the other side with a red dot that is lighted. I think that locks the back door only.

Any help would be appreciated. My dealer says I know more about this vehicle than he does at this point.

·
Registered
473 Posts
When I turn the key to lock the drivers door it also locks the passenger door. (My key FOB didn't work for a while is how I know) If you press the lock button on the FOB it should lock all the doors. If your passenger door isn't locking make sure its fully closed...if it still doesn't lock then your locking mechanism is faulty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I finally figured out that I have to lock the drivers door with either the key or the FOB, but nothing I have done will lock the passenger door and I can't find anything about how to do it the owners manual.

There is a lock button next to the four way flasher button on the dash, but it doesn't lock the passenger door. It only locks the side door, I think.

There is a rocker switch behind the window buttons on the drivers door, one side with a lock symbol and the other side with a red dot that is lighted. I think that locks the back door only.

Any help would be appreciated. My dealer says I know more about this vehicle than he does at this point.
did you ever find out a solution for this? I have just purchased a 2015 and I am going nuts trying to figure out how to lock the doors without using the fob. what does that button on the door even do? and the one next to the red hazard button? what does that lock?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The button on the driver's door locks/unlocks the side and rear doors. The lock next to the hazard locks and unlocks all doors.
The lights will blink once to confirm they are locked. They will blink a lot if a door is open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info Juve. I must have some issue with mine not working...I've tried the button next to the hazard and it doesn't work. I hit the button before exiting and then when I check the drivers door it's not locked. any ideas?

·
Registered
564 Posts
You usually have to hit the dash button twice to lock everything. If the back doors are locked with the front unlocked, 1 press of the dash button unlocks the back while nothing changes on the front doors. Then the 2nd press locks everything and the red light blinks.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'll have to mess around with mine more and see if I'm doing something wrong. I have a 2019 and no matter what interior button I press or how many times, I can't seem to get the front doors to lock.
I always have to use the fob to lock the doors after I get out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll have to mess around with mine more and see if I'm doing something wrong. I have a 2019 and no matter what interior button I press or how many times, I can't seem to get the front doors to lock.
wow...what a quirk!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You usually have to hit the dash button twice to lock everything. If the back doors are locked with the front unlocked, 1 press of the dash button unlocks the back while nothing changes on the front doors. Then the 2nd press locks everything and the red light blinks.
Okay! I'll try that...hopefully that works. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow...what a quirk!
I may be a bit paranoid, but I've been hearing about people having the ability to detect the signals from the remote/fobs when people use them for locking their vehicles...and somehow reusing them to gain access.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It really is an asinine setup.
There should be a lock button on both front door armrests to lock/unlock the front doors and the button on the dash should unlock the rear doors.
that is the normal setup that I am used to with my other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
that is the normal setup that I am used to with my other vehicles.
Exactly.
And there really wasn't a reason for them to NOT set it up that way.
The way it is now didn't really save any time or money.
Well, maybe the extra door button and 23 cents worth of wire.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you. My friends at the track laugh at me when I say, I don't know what all the door lock buttons in my van do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. My friends at the track laugh at me when I say, I don't know what all the door lock buttons in my van do.
I may have missed it in the online manual that I scoured, but I could not find any explanation on the locks at all.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The one condition that will keep doors from locking is if any of the doors are "ajar" So, it's possible that a door is slightly ajar, OR the sensor that's part of the door lock mechanism is telling the computer that the door is ajar even if it isn't.

Many have had the rear door wiring go bad after a lot of flexes. When a wire in the harness breaks, the sensor is not able to tell the computer that the door is closed, so the computer thinks it's ajar, (the door, not the computer) and the locks won't work.

Might have something to do with your locking problem...

ps. dontcha just love the word "ajar"?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
On all my other Mopar products (Challenger, Journey), there is a button on the door that you can press to lock the door as you get out. So you just get out, push the lock button, and shut the door - car is locked.

Been thinking about a way to get an Arduino (similarly Italian in origin) into the Promaster to replicate that design... maybe some day!

Biggest problems is that the SAME BUTTON is used to lock AND unlock - not so on my cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts