Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have been averaging exactly 23mpg since new. (on board computer reading) I have a little over 5,000 miles on the van with a load close to 400lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm averaging 25 and now just over 5K miles. Not loaded though. Couple of dogs or a bike is all I haul usually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just dipped into the 19's on my average. You can't go by me though as I have never been in even the same ballpark as what the epa says I should get.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am through three tanks, carrying various weights and combo highway (70 mph) and city/country road.
The dashboard tool shows 24.4 average.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sure would be nice if everybody included if gas or diesel engine? I'm assuming these are diesel numbers as most gas averages seem to be in the upper teens, and diesel low 20s
Sorry just realized this is for the Promaster City so just gas :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was really hoping to see upper 20s for the PM City, maybe even 30 on the highway. My 16 year old Audi wagon gets 27 in town, 30 highway. Would have been nice to match that, but I guess you give up some for the larger cargo area giving you more frontal area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was really hoping to see upper 20s for the PM City, maybe even 30 on the highway. My 16 year old Audi wagon gets 27 in town, 30 highway. Would have been nice to match that, but I guess you give up some for the larger cargo area giving you more frontal area.
For that load/towing capability the final drive ratio is 3:73.Ninth gear would help more if it engaged at least at 60mph instead of 75+.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mpg

According to the trip meter I get around 26-27 freeway, city and urban around 24 but most of the time it is just me and some tools

·
Registered
211 Posts
According to the trip meter I get around 26-27 freeway, city and urban around 24 but most of the time it is just me and some tools
I'll be very happy if I could average that kind of hwy mpg once I get my wagon.I say this because I live on the west side of the Cascades,and ya can't go anywhere without climbing up all the different passes etc.And let's be honest about this,the PMC is for it's size,is a heavy hauler.1883 lbs of load under the roof.Man,that is something to brag about,and it can still tow 2k lbs worth of trailer and stuff.For me,that is completely amazing from a 4 banger.Whoda thunk it...

·
Registered
154 Posts
For the Canadian folks out there...
Im averaging 8.9L/100k on my city with approx 200lbs in the back with mixed city and highway driving. I also drive like a grandpa in it. Im hoping that the weather guard cabinets I'm waiting for will not impede into this number significantly.
I did a full tank of fuel and I'm currently at about 3% fuel left with the light on and about 525-530kms per tank, a lot lower than the claimed 600kms+ when i fill up.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I've attached the trip info from the last route I drove for work. It was about 60% highway and 40% roads with speed limits ranging from 20 to 45 MPH.

We have two of the Promaster City vans and they have done well so far. One has about 22,000 miles on it (bought 3/12/2015) and the other 6,000 miles (bought 6/30/2015).

So far they have done better on gas than the old style Transit Connects they replaced (on was 2010 and the other a 2011).

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Our mileage update

I now have about 6,000 miles on the van. A certain amount of that mileage is doing deliveries loaded in the back to 1200# plus driver and passenger. Most of the deliveries are 300-500# plus driver. The instantaneous readings when hauling large loads and accelerating are not good, of course, but
our overall average displayed on the main dash has been sitting right around 25 mpg.
Our season is now over so now it is mostly a daily driver with smaller loads and
it is creeping up each week about 1/10 of an mpg.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I now have a whopping 144 miles on my van,since thursday when I picked it up.The in dash liar says we averaged 21.1 mpg's.For me that is encouraging.I'm surrounded by mountains so wherever we go,it's climbing up,going down repeatedly.We also had a large,(but empty) chest freezer in the back that we dropped of at one of our daughters place,on the way home.Now this is something my wife brought to my attention today,she told me evryone who pulls up next to us at a stoplight,would just stare at the rpmcw,having never seen one of these before.Everywhere I go,people can't help but look at it and wonder what the he!! is that,lol.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I mostly do city (Ocean City, MD) and a few 10-20 mile highway jumps to a couple cities up north so I really don't have any serious highway miles yet but I get between 24mpg and 27mpg since I bought it on 8/29/15. I love it.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I've been getting about 24 mpg and that is mostly city and a few 10 minute runs on a highway to get to Rehoboth Beach, DE. I have 1500 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actual MPGs

Now have almost 7000 miles on my Ram PM City Wagon SLT. Average between 23.5-23.9 mpg in town (Tucson). Have made two long trips this summer (1) July--Tucson to Cloudcroft NM (1050 miles) averaged 27.50 mpg (2) August--Tucson to Silverton CO (1500 miles) averaged 27.1 mpg. Load: normal suitcases, two adults and 90 lb Labrador. Both trips from around 3000 ft to over 8000 ft in Cloudcroft and 9000 ft around Silverton.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts