Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a company that will install some small windows on side of my van not having any luck. Anybody out there know of any? Tried Adrian steel no luck.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,839 Posts
Good luck. We were unable to find anyone in Oklahoma or Southern Kansas, so we are doing it ourselves. The fan is in the roof and we haven't had a heart attack yet. I'm ordering the windows this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I just installed one window. Doing the second today. Easy with a jigsaw. Just gotta measure and hope for the best. Luckily the CRLaurence windows come with a frame to seal them in. Even if the hole is too large or uneven you can adjust the window before screwing the frame

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
If Austin is not too far for you, perhaps a call to Sportsmobile Texas to see if they would install windows only.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed one window. Doing the second today. Easy with a jigsaw. Just gotta measure and hope for the best. Luckily the CRLaurence windows come with a frame to seal them in. Even if the hole is too large or uneven you can adjust the window before screwing the frame

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jostalli can you take pics of your window install? What are dimensions of the window? Where are you installing them? I visited the CRL website nothing there really that gives me any direction. Thanks in advance. AHOD.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Austin is not too far for you, perhaps a call to Sportsmobile Texas to see if they would install windows only.
Good job Chance! I called them they researching. Austin only about 2.5hrs away, plus most of family lives there now. Road trip!!

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Jostalli can you take pics of your window install? What are dimensions of the window? Where are you installing them? I visited the CRL website nothing there really that gives me any direction. Thanks in advance. AHOD.
FW382L & FW385R are the CR Laurence window part numbers. One is for slider and one is for driver side forward window. Best prices found at www.trucknvans.com. These are identical to the factory windows except they are tinted and come with a nice interior trim that you don't get with the "Window" Promaster.

Hopefully these photos will help. I just used the frame to trace where to cut. Both windows fit with no need for trimming. Anyone with a jigsaw can pull it off. No need to pay a professional.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FW382L & FW385R are the CR Laurence window part numbers. One is for slider and one is for driver side forward window. Best prices found at www.trucknvans.com. These are identical to the factory windows except they are tinted and come with a nice interior trim that you don't get with the "Window" Promaster.

Hopefully these photos will help. I just used the frame to trace where to cut. Both windows fit with no need for trimming. Anyone with a jigsaw can pull it off. No need to pay a professional.
Now that's what I'm Fn talking about! Guys like you have done all the heavy lifting for the rest of us! Thanks for the pics! Now I have some direction/purpose in my PM life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts