Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Certainly someone out there is longing for house power in the front cabin. I have implemented this on two different Promasters and love the install. 12 AWG wire runs from house battery DC distribution panel (my electrical is inside sofa bed behind driver's seat) via pathway under driver seat (remove step panels and battery cover to access). Circuit terminates into a 6-way fuse holder installed behind the center console. Sub circuit feeds rear view mirror camera, and the center USB and 12v outlets. A switch installed next to the outlets controls power to all front devices. In a customer van, we added the aftermarket radio to the circuit as well. Independence from the starter battery in the front cabin is nice!

Front cabin sub circuit fuse block on the left.

Car White Light Vehicle Automotive tire

12V-5V step down power supply to allow hardwiring of rear view mirror camera.

Line Carbon Automotive tire Electrical wiring Electricity

Switch, USB and 12v outlet installed in factory locations.

White Light Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics

Mirror cam is controlled by same circuit so it can remain on while parked :)

Mirror Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
1,154 Posts
I ran mine above the headliner to right behind the factory lights where I put my switches and USB and 12 volt power

I very much like the idea of house power in the cab.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I ran mine above the headliner to right behind the factory lights where I put my switches and USB and 12 volt power
I did the same thing. It powers my Garmin GPS mounted on the rearview mirror arm (no rear windows). I also have USB and cig-outlets on both B columns (factory swivels have no seatbelts in the B columns).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts