Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a short wheelbase, low roof PM Diesel and am wondering about two interior issues.

First, is the heater and AC system going to be able to keep up with a hot/cold cargo area? In my old Ford van you'd better hang an insulated curtain behind the cab if you wanted any defroster action in winter.

Second, what are the chances of installing a motorcycle ramp under the vehicle, so it can be pulled out and used, then stored without taking up interior room?

Thanks,

-dan

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good question about the heater and A/C, I think your best bet will be to get an insulated curtain. It could turn out to not be needed as much but at least it will result in you not needing to use heating and A/C as much, save on gas.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am looking at a short wheelbase, low roof PM Diesel and am wondering about two interior issues.

First, is the heater and AC system going to be able to keep up with a hot/cold cargo area? In my old Ford van you'd better hang an insulated curtain behind the cab if you wanted any defroster action in winter.

Second, what are the chances of installing a motorcycle ramp under the vehicle, so it can be pulled out and used, then stored without taking up interior room?

Thanks,

-dan
I think the step height will be so low with the PM, that you can do a single 'plank' style ramp (about a foot wide), and easily store inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the step height will be so low with the PM, that you can do a single 'plank' style ramp (about a foot wide), and easily store inside.
This european company builds the promaster motorcycle ramps for years:
www.vanramps.com
These vans are branded in Europe as Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper.
It is an inside steel ramp in two parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts