Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 PM City with UConnect 5.0. No one on the other end of the line can hear what I'm saying while I'm driving (idling is ok). Service Tech at the dealership said that it may be because the microphone is inside the housing for the dome light which is on the underside of the overhead shelf. Has no one else had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Welcome please remember to post in the City specific threads to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
I have a full-size Promaster with UConnect 5. The mike is a bit rocky for hands-free communications (the wind noise from the Sportsmobile Penthouse roof doesn't help), but not totally unusable - and the mike is in the same place as yours.

However, what I have found is that the speech recognition on the UConnect 5 is pretty bad - to the point that I'd rather use Android's recognition (which works better because it's handled on Google's servers rather than on the device).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2015 PM City with UConnect 5.0. No one on the other end of the line can hear what I'm saying while I'm driving (idling is ok). Service Tech at the dealership said that it may be because the microphone is inside the housing for the dome light which is on the underside of the overhead shelf. Has no one else had this problem?
Agreed, the phone through uconnect the first thing we tried after picking it up from the dealer. Almost useless at highway speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts