Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Winnebago Trend motor home with the ProMaster 3500 chassis. The horns (I assume there are two) on this vehicle are very weak, not nearly as loud as those on our new Buick or Chevy pickup. Does anyone have a suggestion about what I need to do to replace these horns or even where I could buy some replacements? Thanks. Komac

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
sounds like someone had road rage LOL! I agree tho the horn is kinda girly!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get a set of hi & lo tone horns at an auto parts store. Stebel and Fiaam makes good ones. If they are made in Italy, that is a bonus as they make the worlds loudest horns! Look at the db rating on them and compare. Super easy to hook up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I listen mo the horn on my 14 136 incher and it sounds like a single tone. Not like a car horn at all.
Is there 2? Easy to get to?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was no "road rage" involved, nor is there any need to blow the horn needlessly. The reason for my question is that on a very recent trip on I-81 north, a driver on my left proceeded into my lane and almost sideswiped us. My very "weak" horn seemed to get no attention from that driver. During these few seconds, I was also swerving to the right to avoid him. After taking a least half of my lane, he eventually recovered and returned to his. A louder horn may not have helped, but it might have, and that's the reason I want to get a better horn. Komac

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use my horn a lot! Usually for drivers on their phone at a green light, or for those that are trying to occupy the same spot as I on the interstate. Usually just a little tap of the horn just to get them to look up from their phone or to let them know I am there. Too many distracted drivers just not paying attention.

I agree the horn on the PM is weak...the first time I used it I couldn't believe that was it! I thought a car behind be beeped at the same time I did and mine didn't work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not unless I don't see it. There are usually 3-4 others beeping their horns too - especially at a left turn green arrow.

I never used to use my horn, but several years driving in the middle east I realized it's just another way to communicate with other drivers - like a crossing guard whistle. Most drivers can tell the intent behind the horn, and I swear some just sit there and wait for someone else to tell them it's green. If they take offense to me giving them a heads up the light is green then that is their problem. They usually give an apologetic/thanks wave anyway; kind of like when you let someone merge in ahead of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts