Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but here in the windy Eastern Sierra, I have been whacked a few times by the rear doors. Has anyone come up with a clever solution to hold the doors open?

I have rigged up some small bungees in a pinch, but they aren't confidence inspiring. I am thinking of a magnetic solution (a la sprinter) or a hook and rubber receiver (some dual door truck bed toppers have this).

·
Registered
887 Posts
Also beware of dents to the side walls from the doors flying open and back slapping the body.

While you cannot make the doors open far enough to hit the side walls, trust me, the whole mess does flex enough to slap the side when it flies open in strong wind. That little RAM logo dented my side wall.

If you find a solution, count me in :D

·
Registered
2019 136wh hr ProMaster, Tx
100 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I test drove a Transit months back and the back doors were held in the full open position by magnets. Could be a possible mod?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
A cheap dog collar from walmart 99 cent and the screw in the wheel well a longer ss bolt would work better.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Took 2 fiberglass rods ,one for each door . Screwed an eye in one end and grafted a snap hook to the other . The eye is attached to the top of the door and the snap eye goes over the oem top strikers in the roof . Untested as of now , we'll see .

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,243 Posts
Took 2 fiberglass rods ,one for each door . Screwed an eye in one end and grafted a snap hook to the other . The eye is attached to the top of the door and the snap eye goes over the oem top strikers in the roof . Untested as of now , we'll see .
Did the same using scrap plastic conduit and drop in pins, works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts