Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
is that factory installed or aftermarket? What was the cost if you dont mind?
That's the same one that I'm having installed this weekend! I'm getting it installed through uhaul. My total cost with wiring and all the included harness and hitch is roughly $500. The benefit with having uhaul install is that for an extra $10.00 they guarantee the hitch for the life of ownership of the vehicle! Well worth it in my opinion!

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like your deal better. This is an aftermarket - Curt. I don 't know how much it cost because the dealer paid for it. I think about $550. It took hours to do because they had to remove the bumper.

After it was done, I noticed that they had put a flat connector on it and I needed a round RV type connector. So they ordered that and I will go back to have that installed. I am not happy with the connector just flopped out like that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
how easy or hard is it to install one of these?
seems like it's simple.
never did this before.
There's a YouTube vid floating around maybe on the curt website that I watched on how to install. It wasn't on the promaster though. This hitch does require drilling and feeding some flat style nuts through into the frame. Seems like it could be a challenge. I'm sure I could do this myself but to pay and extra $10 for this insurance through uhaul was a no brainer for me. It covers me if my van is in an accident, rust, etc. I'll see when it's all said and done but I certainly don't want the wires hanging in the breeze like that!

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Alarmguy.

I have used Uhaul for hitches before and been pleased with their work. I didn't get to choose who did the work this time because I wasn't paying for it. Maybe Builderbob will post a picture of this done right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts