Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Mama and I finally did a test drive of a ProMaster. Long and Tall with gas engine, no diesel on lot at this time. They said no problem to get a 136" wheelbase in tall and gas, but not sure on diesel timeline at this time.
Kinda hard to get in without a wheelchair lift. But they pulled it to sidewalk and with ramp got in.
Anyway, negative only had windows in back were slider and rear doors.
Seemed to be touchy with acceleration and trans shifting but use to our Sprinter so most likely just change in vans.
One thing noticed a warning kept coming up on dash display "Hill-Hold". When we got back to lot the Salesperson said it was to prevent roll when starting off on incline.
But, happened in stop/go traffic, possible due to traffic and not level ground?
Didn't pop up on way back, same road but was less jerky had got use to gas pedal pressure might of played a factor.

Didn't drive near long enough for good test ride, was already showing warning of "Low Fuel". We didn't know how much reserve it holds.

Wondering about others history with the "Hill-Hold" warning?
"Thanks!"

One other thing, is problem do away with the seatbelt bell, hate that! Anyone had setup for wheelchair? Does the lift shop do away with seatbelt bell?

·
Registered
604 Posts
From the Manual:
Hill Start Assist (HSA)
The HSA system is designed to assist the driver when
starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill. HSA will maintain
the level of brake pressure the driver applied for a short
period of time after the driver takes their foot off of the
brake pedal. If the driver does not apply the throttle
during this short period of time, the system will release
brake pressure and the vehicle will roll down the hill. The
system will release brake pressure in proportion to the
amount of throttle applied as the vehicle starts to move in
the intended direction of travel.

STARTING AND OPERATING
HSA Activation Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for HSA to
activate:
• Vehicle must be stopped.
• Vehicle must be on a 6% (approximate) grade or
greater hill.
• Gear selection matches vehicle uphill direction (i.e.,
vehicle facing uphill is in forward gear; vehicle backing
uphill is in REVERSE gear).
HSA will work in REVERSE and all forward gears when
the activation criteria have been met. The system will not
activate if the vehicle is placed in NEUTRAL or PARK.

Have 12k on mine and have never seen the light.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had it pop up just once in my 159" van. I was riding the brakes pretty heavily trying to heat them up to stop the squealing. The warning flashed on and then went off when I released the brake. Never seen it since.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I suspect a sensor or software glitch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Thank ya'll!" I appreciate the replies and now makes us think we might want to try another ProMaster on same road to see if this happens. We use this road every trip so maybe it was just this one van may of had a problem.
The salesperson said it had just come in and was still sitting in back when she bought it out because we wanted one with most windows, it's only one they had with rear and slider windows on lot.
Because like I posted the return trip on same road the light never came on, not a single time.

Otherwise we liked the van, plenty of head room entering side door and rear door looks have a good height no matter which chair we use, even in driver/passenger seat area. I was worried about the lover headroom in that section but was no problem and once in seats they seemed to be better height than our current Sprinter from floor to seat. Even seats felt more comfortable. Seemed the seat adjustment were same as current van with tilt/angle buttons in same spot.
The step up from cargo to front seats will need to talk with lift shop about and swivel added to seats concerning height change in front seats.
The transmission shift or feel of it being jerky, I figure is just due to being use to 13 years of using same van all this time.
Again, "Thank you!" we will be checking out another ProMaster hopefully next week, suppose have rain again through most of weekend.
"Thank you!"
**If anyone has added lift I'd really enjoy hearing about any mod that was required and if a powered closer/opener is available for the rear doors, yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a hill holder problem,engine light came on and its shifting very hard into gear .ive missed a total of 3 day of work,this is a nightmare.taking it into dealer i cant afford this .only 50,000 miles water pump went out after 25000,i dont have a warranty.hoping this recall solves the problem.,,,wtf

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
You should also cross post this to the City forum as most people will not realize you have a City and they are two totally different forums tied together by a common name (unfortunately).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts