Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my van is company owned and not my personal vehicle, I wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on a set up of higher up cup holders. I saw where one member modified his front section in the middle and moved his up, but I am not at liberty to just cut into mine like that.

I don't care whether its something designed by an individual or something in a store that works. I just wanna get to my cup or drink without having to bend down. The door works great as long as you're drinking out of a bottle. Can or cup from a fast food place won't work there.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,828 Posts
Seems to me that federal safety regulations would bar the PM's cupholders. Using them is more distracting than picking something up off the floor in a car--I can't do it without completely turning my head and eyes from the road.

Even this is low, but the best I could do. No modification of original. All 5 cupholders available:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35706

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
Tiger maple? Nice woodworking NsNomer I saw it earlier but failed to comment, Kudos.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Seems to me that federal safety regulations would bar the PM's cupholders. Using them is more distracting than picking something up off the floor in a car--I can't do it without completely turning my head and eyes from the road.
I had gotten used to reaching down without looking and only had a couple mishaps when Mountain Dew ended up on my WeatherTech liner. Now my factory PIA cupholder has taken to completely dislodging from its mounts when I pull my soda bottle out of it. Nothing quite like grabbing for a bottle and getting four cup holders along with it. Ram should find somewhere warm and dark to shove this engineering masterpiece. I'll be designing something more useful now that the weather is starting to show signs of improvement. Driveway auto mechanics not so nice in Wisconsin from October through April.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, I got tired of entire cup holder pulling out when I grabbed a drink. I tore it all apart and cut into those 3 rubber nubs. Trimmed them back so they didn't grip so hard.

Then I ran a couple of screws through the holder to keep it locked down.

·
Super Moderator
8,990 Posts
Just take the cup holder apart. The rubber insert with the nubs comes right out and you can put a much larger cup or drink in there with no problem at all. It's very simple. I did a write up on it with photos last summer - do a search and it should show right up. Google is your friend;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ive gotten used to my cup holders holding my 16 oz togo coffee cup..
BUT, I wish it was 4 inches higher..
I could get real used to that too!!!
Any ideas on how to raise them without need a woodworking shop??
I hear another idea here, but the guy wont elaborate.
please post more ideas with photos and maybe DIY's!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,990 Posts
I bet if you take the rubbers inert with the nubs out your can find a bigger/taller cup holder to fit in that will hold your taller coffee cup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll try to get a few pics tomorrow. The lack of caffeine prompted my redesign....hehe. I had just worked about 20 hours and was headed to another job in early August, I stopped and got a giant blended coffee. The first time I tried to pick it up, the lid popped off. I cleaned up the mess and put the cup back in the holder. The second time the entire assemble came out.... Now I'm pissed, next stop Home Depot, have not had any problems since.

·
Super Moderator
8,990 Posts
I'm afraid to even ask what all that other stuff in the photo is - but, i shall;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts