Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a high roof 159 PM and it’s pretty windy here where I live just west of Denver Colorado. So I started doing a little bit of research but not much on the Pro Master in high winds. However, I did find this, so it’s just some information for us to all be aware of whether it be useful or just interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought a high roof 159 PM and it’s pretty windy here where I live just west of Denver Colorado. So I started doing a little bit of research but not much on the Pro Master in high winds. However, I did find this, so it’s just some information for us to all be aware of whether it be useful or just interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I’m not sure where you are going here but let me say this high top van is the most stable of anything I have driven. The wind effects are minimal.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,840 Posts
We can tell you from personal experience that the PM can drive 85 mph straight down a road in 65 mph cross wind. When the storm trackers turn around, it’s time to do the same. We have hail dings in the vertical sides of the van.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s gusting to 89 miles an hour here today with the wind so, I became a little curious. Doesn’t look like it gets unsafe till about 110 mph.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
I don't drive anything with those kind of gusts. At that point its time to take the day off and stay home. If I had to contend with constant wind, it can be fatiguing in any kind of vehicle.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If you are that worried park the van into the wind.
I second that suggestion. I was born and raised in Boulder. The really big winds come from the west, down off the Rockies. But stuff blowing into my van would be my biggest worry. I'd stay away from trees, semi trailers, mobile home parks, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts