Ram Promaster Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Hello,
I have a 1500 promaster 3.6 for the pass month my promaster shifts at high rpms in all gears (automatic transmission) shifting at 2100 rpms and 3200 rpms. Had transmission checked no problem with the transmission. I have no check engine lights ever come up. I also had it scanned and cant find anything wrong with it. The van was shifting normal between 1500 and 2700 rpms before any one have this problem?

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Tow/Haul button on dash can cause the van to hold gears longer and shift at higher rpms. Perhaps it's something to do with that engaging on its own?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
The Tow/Haul button on dash can cause the van to hold gears longer and shift at higher rpms. Perhaps it's something to do with that engaging on its own?
JohnnyRambles:
I thought about that also but I don't see any indication that the tow/haul is on ? No light on the dash. I pushed the button and driven with it on but I still see no difference in the RPM. I just don't want to start replacing Parts Without Really figuring out the issue.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Does the light come on when the tow/haul is engaged? Also, just to confirm you have tried with tow/haul engaged and with it off and aren't seeing any shifting difference between the two modes? If not, IMO that would be another indicator that may be related to the issue. There should be a noticeable RPM difference between the two settings, especially under hard acceleration and while driving at highway speeds. I'm not suggesting throwing parts at it, but that's the first thing that came to my mind when you said that it wasn't thing codes, but was shifting strangely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JohnnyRambles:
I do see a difference when I'm in tow mode. I still get high rpms it just boggles me that I do not have a check engine light. I've checked with two mechanics and they say there's nothing they can do until it throws codes. It's very frustrating cuz I've only owned it a few months. I bought it used it ran perfect for the first month or so. I did take it to the dealer for the recalls for the fan and shift cable but I do not see any relevance to the RPMs. I'm really looking for someone who would have the same issue and if they were able to figure it out. I really like the van and I use it for work unfortunately I don't have a warranty and I hoped it does not become a money pit.

·
Super Moderator
10,202 Posts
Thread closed until op makes an introductory post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.