·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Even that PCM and engine computer reprogram may not have been an "issue" as mine is reprogrammed and flash updated when newer software is available. Thanks. I look forward to thousands of trouble free miles on mine too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
the report did not show for me. what are y'all considering high mileage? I had transmission issues that start at 58k miles and continued until 116k when it finally quit. i have 138k miles so far and worry everytime i drive it. I talked to a fellow i met that had also suffer trans issues. he had his replaced at 98k miles. I messaged him today to see how it was holding up. it aint! he says at 200k the injectors quit and are seized in head. i did a search on cargurus for diesel vans specifically 3500 extended cause i wanted to see what they are selling for. i found about 118 - 3500 vans and 8 had title issues relating to a buy back. the few that i was able to get the carfax on say it was transmission related. the prices for these buybacks was lowest at 28,000 and most in the 32,000 range. thats insane. i paid 27,500 for mine new.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is vehicle sold rather quickly and the carfax disappeared.

The vehicle was corporate owned and maintained by the same dealer at regular intervals, at 91k the transmission was reprogrammed, then just regular maintenance to 250k when it was offered for sale at $15k and apparently bought. 108k per year.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few '14 diesels with really low miles, I would stay away from them.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
There are a few '14 diesels with really low miles, I would stay away from them.
Any reason why? I think I've read that a few times on the forum (to stay away from the 2014 diesels)

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's a gamble with '14s, new vehicle, bugs not worked out, I think I read about electrical connections having corrosion problems which leads to fault codes which the techs throw parts at. If someone wants a diesel with an unknown history I believe the dealer can run the vin and get the maintenance history.

Why does it have low mileage, if doesn't smell right walk away.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently this sold, rather quickly I might add.

'15 3500 ext, diesel, 240k miles for $10k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts