Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my PM on October 1 and I did not, until yesterday, know there was another glove box that hinges from the top of the dash. So now I am wondering what else am I missing? Is there a way to turn on the cargo area light from the drivers seat?
What have you folks found that may not be obvious?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
if you are talking about the one in front of the passenger's seat, please don't talk about it.

When they broke into my van this summer, the thieves never saw it, so they didn't find my wallet that has there.

So, let's keep it a secret. ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Automelvin device located to the left of the driver's seat, pull it up for Automelvin ready position, while wearing shorts to function correctly.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The rear light lens is the switch to turn them on. I discovered it by accident when moving the light.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I received my PM on October 1 and I did not, until yesterday, know there was another glove box that hinges from the top of the dash. So now I am wondering what else am I missing? Is there a way to turn on the cargo area light from the drivers seat?
What have you folks found that may not be obvious?
wait... there is 2 glove boxes with doors??
mine has an open 'shelf' and a doored box underneath it..
there's another one???

No way that I know of on turning on the cargo lamps from the drivers seat.. Maybe opening the door?.
if you leave the headlights ON when you turnoff the key and remove it... they'll go OUT... And comeback on when you start it again..
If you turn the lights ON when the key is OUT, then only the parking lights will come ON and STAY on and run your battery down if you dont turn em off.
I had to move the catch to the drivers rear door bottom, to get it to latch properly.
more when I find more.

·
Registered
358 Posts
wait... there is 2 glove boxes with doors??
mine has an open 'shelf' and a doored box underneath it..
there's another one?
Passenger side, above the open shelf on the dash. Looks like the clipboard panel but it's hinged. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not sure what an automelvin is, but when I deploy the parking brake, then jump out while wearing a dress, I can sure have a marilyn monroe moment.
The female version of the automelvin ... hahaha. Set your P brake 'after' you slide down and out!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Here's one minor one: the plastic box that holds the jack will fit under the driver's seat with a bungie cord to keep it from sliding forward. The box itself has some spare room in it, and could hold a lot of things.

I'll try to think of more.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Here's one minor one: the plastic box that holds the jack will fit under the driver's seat with a bungie cord to keep it from sliding forward. The box itself has some spare room in it, and could hold a lot of things.

I'll try to think of more.
Mine is mounted under the passengers seat. Are you saying you moved it to the drivers side or it wasn't ever mounted under the passenger seat?

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
Mine was under the passenger seat but I but it in one of the compartments under my bed when I did the conversion with a few other things like a breaker bar, extension cords, tools, etc. Now I have both places under the front seats to store things I want to be more accessible (or hidden).

·
Registered
604 Posts
On the Ducato it's refrigerated and can take a 1.5 lt bottle of water.
If the PM had that, and I showed my wife, she would have ignored everything else and would have been insisted I buy one!! She would have kept a bottle of wine in there 24/7 :laugh:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I should have clarified: it came under the passenger seat and I moved it to the drivers side. I did this because I removed the pass seat altogether and built a table. It's a long term work in progress, but someday I'll have a folding leaf in that table that makes a nice desk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts