Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , my name is Larry Webb and I've been modifying my Express van for many years , I'm going to switch to a Promaster and so I've come looking for information.
I'm especially interested in where everyone is mounting there generators.
Well I'm looking forward to sharing my knowledge and mod ideas and learning myself , so lets get started

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Someday, I'll get a Honda Eu2000 (Been looking for years now, but $$$)

It would only be for occasional camping so I plan to mount it on a narrow shelf off the bumper or hitch on the driver side.. don't open the door much anyway. It will need to be secured there.

Welcome,
Ed

·
Super Moderator
6,973 Posts
It's a lot cheaper and cleaner, not to mention better, to just go with solar. You can buy 300w of solar, a controller and 2 AGM batteries for about $900 the Honda Eu2000 is at least $2000. I know as I have them both although since putting the solar in I never even take the Honda with me anymore.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No generator on mine. But I do have a couple panels from Renogy on the roof feeding a cheap controller and a deep cycle battery to run a inverter and a small frig. The roof is huge and can hold 400 watts of panels with room to spare. Eventually I'll get up to four panels and add a second deep cycle battery.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a Yamaha EF2000 (pretty much same idea as Honda EU2000) and I don't mount it anywhere ... I just stick it in a corner when loading up and pull it out when I get where I'm going and simply put it wherever I want it to be.

·
Super Moderator
6,973 Posts
Oops, correct! I paid $995 for mine. Musta been having a brain fart thinking 2000l and then making it the price ;(

I haven't even started mine since putting the solar panels on tho. I use to just throw it in the van and hardly had any need of it even without the solar unless I was off grid for a few days.

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
AC and no place to plug in = generator
No AC = Solar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts