Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through a few different vehicles trying to find the right one for a service truck. I had an Isuzu cube for a few years, then went to a Chevy cube van, which worked perfectly for me but I was getting tired of dodging semis and buses along the busy streets of Vancouver and the gas bill was a big hit on the pocketbook. Hit a bus with one of my mirrors and it cost me $450 to replace the glass myself. I'm presently using a Chev 2500HD pickup with a fiberglass work box on the back and it's definitely too small.

I saw a Promaster in a Canadian Tire parking lot and thought it would work for me. While researching the Promaster, I came across this site and now I'm camped here. Took one for a drive yesterday and now negotiating with the dealership trying to get a decent price.

Does anyone have the double passenger seat? I'm thinking of going with one of those because I'll have the bulkhead and nothing to put between the seats.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Welcome!
Look in the classified/Promaster parts on this forum.
There is a couple of them there. Hopefully they are close as shipping
will be costly.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey sleepywheel, I'm in Maple Ridge and have a 1500 model with the double passenger seat.

One thing I can tell you that the passenger seat is **** uncomfortable. If you get one try to get passenger lumber support with it. Mine has no adjustments to it at all..

In case you're wondering I went to see Ralph at Carter Dodge in Burnaby.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sleepywheel, I'm in Maple Ridge and have a 1500 model with the double passenger seat.

One thing I can tell you that the passenger seat is **** uncomfortable. If you get one try to get passenger lumber support with it. Mine has no adjustments to it at all..

In case you're wondering I went to see Ralph at Carter Dodge in Burnaby.
Thanks for the tip about the seat. I guess the middle seat won't have any support anyway because it's just an extension of the passenger side seat. Maybe it won't be such a good idea to get the double seat. Going to have to sit in one and see how it feels.

I've been to a couple of different dealers and no one seems to want to give any kind of discount. Maybe when the Transit comes out, they'll be more willing to negotiate.

Thanks uncubed for the suggestion. Wonder if there is a reason why the seats are being pulled and up for sale.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I pulled the trigger today and bought myself the 3500. The deciding factor was when I smashed my head against the top door latch on my Maranda work box on friday and fell to my knees from the pain. I still have a goose egg on the top of my head. Hopefully, I won't be doing that anymore with this new truck.

I'm stoked and ready to get going on the mods. It's going to be used as my mobile service truck so I'm going to have to put in storage cabinets, tool boxes, compressor, batteries and inverters. A fantastic fan is ready to be installed on top and I have to widen the rear bumper so I can jump off the loading dock onto it and not fall down. Looking forward to probing the minds of the people on this site for more ideas for mods.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Welcome to our growing community. One day, they will look at us, pioneers of the PM, and say "these guys were brave, but so right". ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer dropped it off at my house this afternoon and I'm stoked. I didn't take it for a long drive but I'm really enjoying driving it. Did everyones PM come with nitrogen in the tires? My dealer said I could drop by the shop anytime to adjust pressures but it's a bit of a drive and I'll probably just add regular compressed air if i need to. One other question, one of the options was a Cargo Convenience Group which includes the side wall tie down rings and a cargo net. Anyone know what the cargo net looks like? The only netting I can find is a netting like pouch on the back door.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Just use air it has 72% nitrogen in it I think. (overplayed)Mine has the green plugs also.
Same with me with the cargo convenience group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts