Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looks like I'm another New Hampshire person here. Just bought a 2015 3500 ext to serve as motorcycle race hauler(summer) and back country snowboard base camp (winter). Let the build begin!

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Welcome to another "Live, Freeze & Die(er)" as RD would say;). Where in NH do you call home?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Welcome to another "Live, Freeze & Die(er)" as RD would say;). Where in NH do you call home?
And if KOV and I don’t manage to give you enough bad advice here we can share a load in person! I live in the van when traveling on the road and carry the M/C(s) on a trailer set up for the purpose if they go! We can meet- unless you are up in KO-OSS county of course!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And if KOV and I don’t manage to give you enough bad advice here we can share a load in person! I live in the van when traveling on the road and carry the M/C(s) on a trailer set up for the purpose if they go! We can meet- unless you are up in KO-OSS county of course!
I'd love to meet up sometime. I live just outside of Keene

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So a little about my set up. I have a 6x12 (aluminum) cargo trailer I pull for motorcycles events already. I has a fiberglass shower setup and a camp toilet in it. This is going to go behind the Promaster as a "tag along" garage/bathroom. Van will be the living quarters. The van will have a high (queen) bed in the back with an equal size space for my dogs under it. dog crate material on the front with a latching door so I can lock them away if needed. I have 3 large dogs that go everywhere with me. (trailer also converts to dog duty)

I'm thinking about a mount for my honda 2000 generator for inside the cargo trailer (fire proof and vented) so I can charge while driving.. not 100% on this yet

Also because I usually camp during extreme weather (summer hot no shade parking lots at races and winter snowboard mountains) I am thinking I need extreme insulation. The van is a high roof ext with no windows. (I'll prob add a couple small port windows) I was thinking of going with spray foam about 3 to 4 inches think. But I hear over insulating can be not worth it/cause heat and ac short cycling. I'm planning on a gas webasto and a portable 2 hose a/c unit

thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts