Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been stalking the forum since before I even got a Promaster. I'd like to thank you guys for being as active as you are, and for providing great advice and information that ultimately resulted in me getting a PM. Here are a few things about myself, and my intentions for the PM. I'm 23, I live in Central Florida, where I work as a firefighter. I recently bought a '14 Diesel 118wb low roof. My hobbies include surfing, hiking, and rock climbing which have pretty much made buying a van a no brainer. I plan on converting the PM Unfortunately I'm having some issues with my pre-owned '14 PM, the transmission went out after 4 days of owning it and the van only has 7k miles. I dealing with the dealership I bought it from to get the issue resolved, but they seem to think I "altered" or messed with the transmission in the short amount of time that I had it.. (even though I still have factory, and extended warranty on my power train?!) Anyways, I'm hoping to get it back on the road as soon as possible, and continuing my camper conversion. Once again, thanks for the help, and even though its been a rocky road so far I'm happy to be apart of the PM community.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Push that warrantee! Let us know what is happening as there are few diesel’s getting reports from. What makes the transmission issues is poorly understood here. Thanks.

Your Screen name made me remember a saying I used to hear in my 30 years teaching. "Potential and $2 can buy a cup of coffee."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually got a call from the dealership that's servicing it today (the 3rd dealer its been to in a week) and they are saying the issues are coming from bad connectors, and possible bad wiring harnesses which is causing a drop in voltage. They are replacing the connector they think is causing the issue, and will be inspecting the wiring harness after they run a full diag.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Glad to hear there is progress! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts