Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had a rental PM for a while, but I'm also here because of a Google search that led here. I also own a vehicle with the same 4P10 Diesel engine as the PM, and has some of the same issues. Hopefully I can get some ideas, and contribute some ideas regarding DPF, scar and software issues that these trucks all seem to have.

Heck, I'm sitting right now in Bend, OR, with the truck in a service center. Wonderful. Lucky me. Lol.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I wouldn’t know what those issues are and will not be able to help much as I have driven my diesel ’15 Promaster 23K miles and have had no issues. In fact only one or two posters here have ANY issues with the engine since mid 2015 updates happened. In fact I expect you may have an early version of the clean diesel version and not an FCA product at all. The PM diesel has been faultless for well over a year after some software glitches early on. Please don’t say “all” and mean our diesel. Please don’t begin any “mythical issues” we try to be factual here. What’s your vehicle, who made the emissions controls and does any of this have any bearing on ours? Sounds like it might not. Welcome to the forum and I would love to hear your experiences of that OTHER product. We can fill you in on ours.

·
Registered
171 Posts
4P10 T4 -> Mitsubishi Fuso Canter, same F1C engine family as in Ram Promaster, very similar, but not identical if You look at accessories. For example, don't know if all, but Canter has exhaust brake system.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The block and heads and some accessories are probably the same but I don’t believe the emissions are anything similar, no jake brake as you said. Fiat spun off the factory/company that makes the 3.0 I believe. Yours is a longitudinal rear drive isn’t it, manual or Auto? PM is a Transverse auto shifted transverse manual. We may not even use the same oil!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts