Ram Promaster Forum banner

Help replacing NASTY factory floor mat in cab area

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  KN713 
#1 ·
Hoping someone can share their experience replacing the factory floor mat in the cab area. I just purchased a 2016 2500 159” and spent the first few days doing a deep clean. I noticed some sections of the factory floor covering in the cab area were loose, and upon further inspection the entire area underneath is nasty. All kinds of gunk. The mat itself isn’t in great shape either - the insulation is rotten, deteriorating, and moldy in some spots. We took it out (had to cut it out behind the pedals to fully remove it) and are looking at options to better protect all the wiring and compartments down there after the floor is all cleaned up. I (obviously) don’t want to reinstall the factory mat since it’s so gross.

I ordered a weathertech liner, but am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this same issue? And can you share your solution?

I’ve searched high and low in this forum for a solution, and have read great threads on insulation and sound deadening in that area, but can’t find anyone else who has tore out the flooring like I did.

many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

#2 ·
You may want to check around the local scrap yards. Factory flooring isn't high up on their list of sellable parts, and doesn't get damaged easily in a wreck. You should be able to get a nearly new one for very little if you're willing to remove it yourself.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.