Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Woke up this morning to only to get into my van and have no mirrors or radio. Pulled panel left of of dash only to find no labeling of any fuses locations.

Anyone have a fuse diagram or can tell me the fuse that runs the mirrors and Radio. I assume same fuse?

Cheers,

Tyler

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hello,

Woke up this morning to only to get into my van and have no mirrors or radio. Pulled panel left of of dash only to find no labeling of any fuses locations.

Anyone have a fuse diagram or can tell me the fuse that runs the mirrors and Radio. I assume same fuse?

Cheers,

Tyler
From page 349 and 350 of your owners manual. The Horn is fuse location F10 and the heated mirror fuse is F35. Both are 15 amp (blue) fuses. Both of those locations are in the Power Distribution Center under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response. Fuse F30 for heated mirrors still good. Horn works as does all other functions except...

Radio not working and mirrors not opening or closing.

My engine bay block is labelled however the interior one has no labels.

Thank you,

Tyler

·
Registered
549 Posts
My bad.. I saw Radio and read horn apparently.

I've looked at the manual in detail and cannot find any reference to the folding mirrors or the radio. There are several fuses labeled INT followed by three letters, like PAM and RRM.

They are F42, F49, F50, F51.

Sorry I can't be more help. The PDF of the owners manual I have doesn't list the radio or folding mirrors with any recognizable text.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
Can't help with the fuse but the Ducato manual may give you some insight. Ducato has audio and a/c control listed as on the same fuse audio listed more than once and more fuse box locations.
http://camper-parkering.dk/dok/manual/244en.pdf

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also looking for the interior fuse diagram. Ducato manual does not have the same fuse configuration. Is the diagram located somewhere else? It is not in the manual or inside the fuse block cover.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello,

Cheers,

Tyler
Did you disconnect vehicle power for a few minutes and see if maybe that cleared the problem.

Did you get the electrical recall completed?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Easiest way is to find the blown fuse is with a voltmeter or test light. Turn the ignition on and go through all the fuses.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Easiest way is to find the blown fuse is with a voltmeter or test light. Turn the ignition on and go through all the fuses.
Sounds like the best idea, but I don't think we need to turn the ignition on. What we want to do is measure the resistance between the fuse terminals. We should read close to zero Ohm if fuse is ok, infinite if bad. No need to turn the ignition on, as the meter itself injects a bit of current to do the mesurement.

Of course, my point of view is one of a former electronics teacher, but hey, if I would have know anything on whatever, I would have done something else with my life ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to add a fuse circuit to the fuse box. Without a diagram I will probably just verify with a voltmeter if the circuit is switched or not. The fuse diagram will probably surface sooner or later. Not sure if I'm missing somewhere, but I have looked through the manual and it references cavity locations, but does not seem to show which cavity is which either on the fuse box, on the cover, or the manual.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like the best idea, but I don't think we need to turn the ignition on. What we want to do is measure the resistance between the fuse terminals. We should read close to zero Ohm if fuse is ok, infinite if bad. No need to turn the ignition on, as the meter itself injects a bit of current to do the mesurement.

Of course, my point of view is one of a former electronics teacher, but hey, if I would have know anything on whatever, I would have done something else with my life ;)
Makes complete sense GuyT, my point of view is from installing for the last 21 years. My thinking is that with the ignition on, one can easily measure power across both fuse terminals. If you find one without power on one side then you know that's the deadfuse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interior Fuse Panel-Cavity Identification Information ?

I am also looking for the interior fuse diagram. Ducato manual does not have the same fuse configuration. Is the diagram located somewhere else? It is not in the manual or inside the fuse block cover.
I find it hard to believe,the plastic-interior fuse panel,does not have a diagram of fuse cavity identification-location. I have spent a lot of time, trying to locate this important information,that Chrysler-Fiat should have provided. I am a Electrician,and I should not have to trouble-shoot. If anyone has already found a diagram,please post. I will again search and try to solve this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fuse For Clearance Lights.

I want to install a switch,to have the choice,of turning off the clearance lights,after turning on the headlights. All I know is the 7.5 amp fuse is brown and there are six 7.5 amp brown fuses in the interior fuse panel. Without any information,concerning the identity of fuse cavity location[Thanks-FCA]I pulled each one at a time,until I found F34. Enclosed;is a picture showing location. There is no fuse in the cavity,to the left,in my panel. When pulled,it does disconnect power to,5 front yellow + 5 rear red - Clearance Lights. Will do this for now,while driving on PKWY's at night. Overhead clearance lights are associated with commercial vehicles,which are not allowed to travel on PKWY's. Low roof,136''ProMaster with windows is of legal size & weight,but the clearance lights will attract Police attention. Still looking for fuse box schematic. Will post information,if and when I find it..

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Internal fuse box looks like Fiat Ducato 2012.

Here a Fiat Ducato owner manual, from page 196 of the manual at section "ACCESSO AI FUSIBILI" there are the fuses diagrams.
http://www.giordanobenicchi.it/camper/PSA/Fiat%20ducato%20UeM%20x250%202012.pdf

For Google translate maybe better this page that is for a Fiat Ducato ambulance.
http://www.118gme.it/rubrica-tecnica-2/fiat-ducato/controllo-dei-fusibili/

Foldable mirrors should be F24 fuse that is in the engine bay fuse box (defrost is F30).
"Plancetta comandi ausiliaria, movimentazione e abbattimenti specchi (+chiave)"

·
Registered
53 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
The factory bu camera is turned on by grounding a wire (forget the color code) that is controlled by the rear and sliding door switch. There are several write up on it here in the archives.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FWIW, our new VW doesn't have a fuse legend either. Each vehicle, depending on options, are wired differently. In one vehicle, F37 may control the radio, on another vehicle of the same type, but different options, F37 may control the horn.

You can call your dealer and get a copy of the fuse legend specifically for your VIN.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup had the same issue when I installed my dashcams. Needed to figure out which fuse did what and no label anywhere. The owners manual is useless by giving location, but nothing on the fuses to ID which one.

I called RAM and was told the online owners manual will be updated. I requested a sticker and was told no, not going to happen.

A fuse ID sticker would be simple and not expensive!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts