Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I initially named my van A VAN Called Quest, which is a play on the group A Tribe Called Quest, but now I'm not so sure.

Let me know what you guys think of my name choices below. Real thing is mentioned first and then van name is next to it.

A Tribe Called Quest > A VAN Called Quest

Pterodactyl >VANodactyl OR pteroVANtyl

Semper Fidelis > Semper VANdelis

The Starship Enterprise > The Roadtrip VANterprise OR The EarthVAN Enterprise

Art Vandelay (Seinfeld reference) > Art VANdelay OR VANdelay Industries

Go West, Young Man > Go West, Young VAN

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Mine is a "Van With No Name"- play on "Man with no name". For me things is things and I don't name ‘em. So we just say “The Van”
Oh if you want to use “Van With No Name” feel free!

Credit to Johnny Hates

“Van With No Name"

Top as tall as a waterfall
Lights as bright as the stars
It wonders why we are standing still
When we’ve traveled so far
Greets the sun every morning
And the moon every night
But everybody ignores it
They want their names up in lights
They want their names up in lights

It's is a Van With No Name
In a world that has gone insane
And it's waiting for us to fall
In love with Love again

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I like "The Van" ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
How about one of these:
Me Van,
The money pit,
When will it be done,
The day I sell it.

After a two days of messing around with a 6"-ish x 24"-ish storage space above my slider and figuring out how to cut around the curve of the van in my larger cabinets - (about 99 cuts and 100 fit tests for each partition)...we have nicknamed my van "Trial and Error"...nothing goes as planned and no plan is set in stone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would think that the name of a van (if it had one) would be something that just happened, not something that you sat around scratching your head about. Tring to finger it out is akin to giving yourself a nickname, just kind of phony-baloney,

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would think that the name of a van (if it had one) would be something that just happened, not something that you sat around scratching your head about. Tring to finger it out is akin to giving yourself a nickname, just kind of phony-baloney,
I agree. Stick with a Van Called Quest until something more organic pops up. It will take on a life of it's own, especially with your buds around a campfire with a few beers!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree. Stick with a Van Called Quest until something more organic pops up. It will take on a life of it's own, especially with your buds around a campfire with a few beers!
Great advice! I'm actually going climbing this weekend so your idea may come to pass in the next few days.

(I like Art VANdelay because it's corny, has a great Seinfeld reference and is actually a name. haha.)

We'll see what happens this weekend after a few beers. :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
foryou Steven King fans

After some of the crap I’ve had the voice on Uconnect 5 ask and tell me and tricky key fob starts, I’m starting to lean towards calling mine "Christine":eek:

Reactions: PopeAng

·
Registered
30 Posts
SNAGGIN, WAGON CHESTER MOBILE, SHAGGIN WAGON,EL BLANCO DIABLO WAGON.AKA THE WHITE DEVIL THAT IS WHAT A MEXICAN CALLED MINE. WAGON OF BROKEN DREAMS. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We named ours "The Promaster". But then, we also named our others, "The Astro", "The Ranger", "The Chevy", "The Jeep", "The Shop Truck", and "The Blazer". So we're obviously not very creative. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts