Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure the exact name for this part. I would maybe call it a "Clean Air Intake flex duct" It is rotted and opened up/split open. I've spent 30 minutes searching around for this part (just the flex duct). It does not seem to be anywhere on the internet. Perhaps I need to buy the whole thing? I can't be the only one that has one of these damaged I'm thinking. Below is a pic if anyone can help me. Thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think the main reason the intake boot ripped was due to someone being rough with it while replacing the air filter. I usually loosen the boot up and remove it before servicing the air filter.

I would get some black duct tape if its that expensive, for the time being.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, over the last 7 years I have loosened it every time I change the oil filter. I find it's easier to get to that oil filter. Maybe there is other ways to get a socket on that filter cap

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Two of my vans split exactly like yours. I found a replacement for $35. Use car-part.com to search junkyards.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mine failed the exact same, you have to buy the whole upper intake to get that part from the dealer. I think its way to expensive. I don’t understand why they don’t sell just the boot. I glued mine since I couldn’t stomach the dealer price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I ordered some of this stuff on amazon . I also put grease around the connections so they are easier to wiggle out next time.
Chemical Guys TVD_103_16 Blue Guard II Wet Look Premium Sprayable High Gloss Shine Dressing and Conditioner for Rubber and Plastic (16 oz)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts