Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a stealth camper conversion, and am looking for information regarding companies that do conversions. I'm leaning toward the Promaster over the Transit due to more headroom and width. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I chose the PM and did the conversion myself. I thought Stealth was a good idea but as I thought more about it I realized it was unnecessary. Mostly you want folks to know you are camping.

If you don't, get a big magnetic sign that says "Dick's Drain Cleaning, we are there when the doo don't go Down!" Put one on both sides. Trust me no one is going to bother your van no matter what camper looking stuff it shows!
I had a friend in the 70's who used to expedite into the NYC garment district. He put a big cabbage picture on his with a Produce sign and fictitious address on it. He said no one ever breaks into a produce truck!

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
Well actually the transit high roof has much more headroom than the Promaster. The Promaster has them all beat in width.

There are quite a few conversion companies willing to separate you from your hard earned cash. Van Specialties has a waiting list. If you Don't need completely custom choose Sportsmobile. For just a few upgrades I've heard Oak Tree Vans does pretty good. I met the owner of El Kapitan and he said he was willing to do a Promaster. I saw one of his Sprinters that rivaled OutsideVan. Speaking of OutsideVan you could have them do your conversion. They would just charge you over $100k for a basic camper. Finally you could drive your van up to Canada and have Safari Condo convert it to one of their retail models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts