Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Tristan. My wife and I purchased a 2014 PM 2500 this weekend that we are planning to convert into a camper van. It's the 136" WB high roof model with a v6. We got the old dealership demo van so it has a lot of the bells and whistles that we wouldn't otherwise have purchased. It's basically new with 7000km on it and the factory warranty. We previously spent a year living in an e-150 we converted on an extended road trip, so we have some experience with van conversions. It seems like there is a great community on this forum and a plethora of information. I'm excited to gather inspiration and learn some new things. I have a background in carpentry and woodwork, but electrical/plumbing etc. is a whole new world to me!

Tristan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, welcome and congratulation.
I'm a new member myself. Looks like you purchased the unit I was also contemplating about.
Is it from Westlock, AB?
Victor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Victorul,

It is the van from Westlock, what are the odds. I don't know if you're set on a PM, but if you aren't there is a 2014 or 2015 Ford transit with pretty much identical specs in Airdrie AB for the exact same price. It has 50'000km, but it sounds pretty much mint. The only reason we went with the PM, outside of kms, is that our friends already have a PM and have been really happy with it. From the reading I've done the Transit seems to be a comparable van, and many reviews actually rate it a little above the PM.

Tristan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Tristan,
small world. I was looking at yours as well as one in Manitoba. This one is same year, only 500km, but 159" WB.
Less features than yours and $ 500 more. I believe we both can't complain about the price.
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
Good luck with the PM and the planned conversion!
Victor

·
Registered
120 Posts
newbie tips

My main tip for electrical. Always ground everything to chassis never back to battery. Bluesea makes good fuse panels etc.; Before buying any kind of parts, fixtures or furniture, look at marine sources for everything before deciding. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts