Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Dan and I am from Portland OR. We are outgrowing our Eurovan MV and a I looking to set up a PM with a pop top as our next camper van.

I look forward to all the great info this community has to offer.

Cheers!
Dan

·
Registered
625 Posts
I realize a pop-top has a certain appeal, but don't give up on the high roof models. Be sure to check them out.

Unless you're thinking about a high roof pop-top, and well then.... wow.

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
I would stay away from a pop up roof" the beauty of the high Promaster is you don't need a pop up, it's not a Vanagon! Why burden yourself with something you do not need and really has nothing to offer you but potential problems and needless cost?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
KOV is right. I had a Westy and loved it but it was really too small for extended travel and had too little storage. Then a pop up truck camper for 8 years. I bought a 136” High Top and WOW! this is the way to go! My diesel gets better MPG than the Westy did and has 23,000 carefree miles, a year of camping trips of 2 weeks to a month long and I am Happy, Happy, Happy! No more pop top for me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
But to come back on the other side... if you really do want a pop-top, that is an option. Can't remember who at the moment, but someone here has built out a few basic low-roof PM vans with pop-tops added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts