Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up and have already seen lots of good info. I’m another one that’s been convinced that the promaster is the best option for a camper conversion, so that’s what I’m working on. I am still working on the layout and haven’t started yet. I have two kids, so I’m trying to work out a good design that includes seats (with seatbelts) in the back for them to ride in during road trips. There are so many good layouts I’ve seen here and other places on the net, but so far, I haven’t seen much that would work for a family of four. Anyway, glad to be here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, We too are a family of 4 with the same goals: Travel and camp with the kids. Similarly came to the conclusion that the Promaster is the best option since we can have a parent bunk transverse across the van and have the two kid bunks partway underneath the parent bunk. The folded Yukon seats will make up the forward part of each kid bunk.

We are in our build process and started with 3rd row Yukon seats that are folding and have integrated shoulder belts.

See this thread:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69722

I'll post more photos of current progress.

Lot's of planning, but we are looking forward to the experiences that we will have as a family.

Maybe we can catch up on our spring break Utah trip. Planning on Moab, Goblin Valley and Escalante.

·
Registered
31 Posts
WELCOME
I too live in Utah and a converted P.M.is so Great here.So much to see and do.maybe will see you in Moab,St George,the Uinta Mt.or some other fabulous spot.Good luck with your conversion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Those seats difinitely look like a great option.
Yeah, Utah is great. Lots of options within just a few hours drive which is perfect for strike missions or weekend trips. Can’t wait to get this thing built.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts