Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 PM 159 HR - Los Angeles, CA
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Finally made the plunge and ordered a new RAM Promaster 2500 159 (at the worst possible time in terms of Amazon and Covid demand pricing :)).
Been scouring the forums for the past week and cannot believe the amount of information, level of detail and completely amazing builds by the members here. Looking forward to many hundreds of hours of more reading.

Also, planning to do quite a bit of work meeself so would love to talk to members and if possible meet/zoom up with some SoCal residents for the many many questions I am sure I will have :).

Cheers and Happy New Year !!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,362 Posts
Welcome!

You're in for a fun build and a very useful project! ... and you're in the right place for ideas and help!

Thanks for posting the "details"... if you could, please add your state so other people close will know you're close.

·
Registered
2019 136HT 2500 "Van Diego"
93 Posts
Hello from even sunnier San Diego!
We have a 2019 136HT and we are about 1/3 of the way through our build. Actually headed out right now to finish our floor.
These builds do take some time, just keep putting one foot in front of the other & don't sweat the details too much. Its the travel & adventure that these vans add to our lives that matters the most.
Congrats on placing your order. It will be in your driveway before you know it.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

You're in for a fun build and a very useful project! ... and you're in the right place for ideas and help!

Thanks for posting the "details"... if you could, please add your state so other people close will know you're close.
Done. Also bookmarked your build website for reference :). Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello from even sunnier San Diego!
We have a 2019 136HT and we are about 1/3 of the way through our build. Actually headed out right now to finish our floor.
These builds do take some time, just keep putting one foot in front of the other & don't sweat the details too much. Its the travel & adventure that these vans add to our lives that matters the most.
Congrats on placing your order. It will be in your driveway before you know it.:)
Thanks Nick. I haven't even received the van and I'm already stressed about the details :). But really looking forward to a lot of travel. Have some very specific requirements in mind (need to transport sport/dirt motorcycles along with living and toilet/shower) so going to be a really tight fit :). It's definitely going to have to be one foot in front of the other :).

·
Registered
None yet. Still looking for van.
14 Posts
We're in smoggy North Hollywood CA and should have ours in a few months.
Hoping to share some ideas and help along the way.
Joe

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT
2,233 Posts
Have some very specific requirements in mind (need to transport sport/dirt motorcycles along
along
This is what we do for bringing motorbikes;

I will leave it at that as this is your intro post,,,best to start a build thread 👍

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey OC checking in! I'm in the process of converting a 159 high. Used to be a sportbike/track rider but I've been doing more dirt lately. I have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure R and KTM 525

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey OC checking in! I'm in the process of converting a 159 high. Used to be a sportbike/track rider but I've been doing more dirt lately. I have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure R and KTM 525
I have an R6 for track and need to be able to take bike to track and then camp in the van. Have klx250 for dirt and would like to carry the 250 arm daughters ttr90 and camp and ride In the desert. No place for trailer in the garage unfortunately :(. Will need to connect with you soon :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an R6 for track and need to be able to take bike to track and then camp in the van. Have klx250 for dirt and would like to carry the 250 arm daughters ttr90 and camp and ride In the desert. No place for trailer in the garage unfortunately :(. Will need to connect with you soon :).

I miss my R6 :( Made it into a cripple tripple 450 and loved railing that thing on the track! Hit me up when you want to ride on or off. I have a pair of street wheels for the 1290 and won't be able to keep pace but won't be too far behind :)

·
Registered
Lookin 2 purchase Promaster w/low mileage @ a great price that does not require a flight across USA
18 Posts
Hi All

Finally made the plunge and ordered a new RAM Promaster 2500 159 (at the worst possible time in terms of Amazon and Covid demand pricing :)).
Been scouring the forums for the past week and cannot believe the amount of information, level of detail and completely amazing builds by the members here. Looking forward to many hundreds of hours of more reading.

Also, planning to do quite a bit of work meeself so would love to talk to members and if possible meet/zoom up with some SoCal residents for the many many questions I am sure I will have :).

Hi All

·
Registered
Lookin 2 purchase Promaster w/low mileage @ a great price that does not require a flight across USA
18 Posts
Congratulations! 🎉 you've ordered your PM!! Hi, I'm Inner-G. New to this forum too. Still searching/preparing for my home on wheels. I'm selling all the crap in my home not beneficial to Van Life. I'm curious... Have you begun selling your stuff? If so, what platforms have you used that have brought you the most success? It's been a slow process. I am ready to start buying bigger items🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for responding, Slowroller.

Let Go has merged with Offer Up. It's a bunch of creepy crap! Folks want to haggle you down to pennies on the 💸 when I'm saving to purchase a compostable toilet - NOT CHEAP!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m not buying it for full time living so keeping the home stuff for now. I’ve had al sorts of experiences with craigslist and offer up and Facebook marketplace. It’s just as bad on all three now so I try to be very careful on all of them :). Nothing helpful to share I’m afraid but those really are the only three choices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts