Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just purchased a 2018 Promaster High Roof (136). Plans are to camperize it and hit the road. Just ordered tinted sliding windows from Motion Windows in Washington State to be installed up here. Looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you!:)

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
Welcome. You may want to reconsider using sliding window however. Awnings are a much better choice for a camper conversion for many reasons. The only good place for a slider is behind the sliding door as the door could hit an open awning.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have put the sliders from Motion Windows behind the driver and in my sliding door and love them as do many others. No need for awning style imo.

·
Registered
129 Posts
welcome

I too decided on Motion, and drove down to have them installed there. We put in 5 windows, and they cut me a nice deal. Of course, I didn't know that I would be helping their installer, which was a gas. We had them all in, perfectly lined up, before lunch!

We really wanted an awning window, having used both, and recognizing the benefits of windows open when raining, BUT, we didn't find a good window that didn't require the screen to be opened when opening and closing the windows. My wife is very much against mosquitos inside. She asks so little, that when she makes a definite requirement, it is done.

I could not be happier with the quality.

Your climate is like mine, so I'm looking forward to seeing your plans for insulation and heating. I went with Thinsulate in most places. We heat with electric or catalytic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome. Just down the road in North Vancouver. Ordered a 2500 159 high top, but haven't received it yet. Will also convert ours. Hope to share experiences with sourcing parts from US and Europe. All the best with your build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts