Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
As you can tell from my user name I own a small company. I just pulled the trigger on a 2014 Ram ProMaster 159"WB EXT- High Roof a few days ago. I'll be doing a lot of research here to help outfit it for the Water Damage Industry. We are updating our fleet and I'm going to put this one thru it's paces to see if it fits the bill, before buying more. I LOVE the Headroom, Turning Radius, and the Styling. The motor seems pretty peppy for a 6 cyl. We have 6 liters in our Chevrolet 3500's right now. Have a Great Day!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
We have 6 liters in our Chevrolet 3500's right now
Well that's not much fuel, better get that PM on the road before you run out... LOL
(East Coast humor I guess...)

Seriously though, welcome!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Servpro. I also own a small service co. Traded in a 3500 express w/ Spartan supreme box and 6.0 gas guzzler. I went from 300 gallons a month to about 175. That nearly makes my payment on gas savings alone. The 280HP V6 has more get up and go than my V8 did. It took me a while to get used to the high rpms. My biggest complaint by far are the noisy frikken brakes. It really feels good to get so many compliments from customers about the nice truck. I will purchase another if they get the brake noise taken care of. Enjoy the forum, a lot of great people are here helping each other make a big step into this euro style van community. Good luck, Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks All for the welcome.
I'm hoping the gas mileage is great, so I can purchase another. Its killing me to not have this one on the road yet. I have to wait for paint and decals before it goes out into service.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So far, the only things NOT to like about the PM are the squeaky brakes and the cup holders. So far as we can tell, no pattern failures have shown up.

The only real unknown at this point is the trans and transaxle. Nobody knows how many miles we can expect out of them. There's a million anecdotes about Chrysler minivans that chewed through transmissions every 80k, and an equal pile of anecdotes about minivans that made it to 300k with no trouble. Nobody knows.

To date, there's a guy on this board who is well out past 120k on his. I think he's the highest mileage unit out there. There's another guy on this board that's gone through 2 flex plates at 45k, but he seems like an isolated case. Dunno.

I am optimistic. I think the PM will go the distance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts