Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 159" High Roof
108 Posts
Since I just bought it, i wanted to bring the spare to my family’s house over thanksgiving, so I'd put my stash key in it a few days ago so I wouldn't forget. They probably were looking for stuff to steal and found them. I didn’t know all of that previously mention tech involving the key.
My guess is the thief didn't go far. People don't steal belongings out of vehicles expecting to find a spare key. What are the odds that someone like that also has a guy with a chop shop? Better than any of us but still not good. It's hard to steal vehicles like 15-20 years ago.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
873 Posts
Since I just bought it, i wanted to bring the spare to my family’s house over thanksgiving, so I'd put my stash key in it a few days ago so I wouldn't forget. They probably were looking for stuff to steal and found them. I didn’t know all of that previously mention tech involving the key.
Also doubt you'll ever see it again, at least not intact. Another possibility is that some kids took it for a joyride, trashed it in the woods somewhere and eventually someone will come across it and report it. This happened to my mothers car years ago and the car was toast. Hopefully you have comprehensive coverage...even though you left a key in it you're insurance company should still cover the loss.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thank you for making an introductory post! I have moved it to the General Forum for you in order to give you more exposure . Good luck!

Hi ProMaster People -
I'm Catie, I have a 2018 ProMaster 1500 high roof conversion van that was stolen the other night from my driveway. I'm hoping to post on here about best ways to find it, surface photos of the van so people can keep an eye out on other forums and places it may pop up.

As most of you can imagine I've put a lot of money and effort into this thing and it's my most prized (and valuable) possession in my life.

Please if you live in the Salt Lake City or Murray UT areas (or anywhere for that matter) keep an eye out for the van attached in this post.

Details:
2018 Ram ProMaster, White highroof
Front lift with beefy black rimmed tires
Large windows on all sides
Solar on the roof
Front roof line nub lights
Body is in perfect shape
Inside is fully converted for living - has kitchen, bed, storage and wood stained a teal-ish color.
It had a temp tag on the back at the time it was stolen.

VIN: 3C6TRVBG6JE115874

View attachment 68714
Did you put a shout out on the Facebook Promaster buildout page? There is a lot of activity and so many are looking to buy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If they were just opportunity-stealing and came across the key, it might be more likely to have been an impulse theft (kids = joy-ride, you'll find it in a ditch or parking lot) than a professional theft (where it will be chopped up and/or shipped overseas). Best wishes for a speedy and damaged recovery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thank you for making an introductory post! I have moved it to the General Forum for you in order to give you more exposure . Good luck!

Hi ProMaster People -
I'm Catie, I have a 2018 ProMaster 1500 high roof conversion van that was stolen the other night from my driveway. I'm hoping to post on here about best ways to find it, surface photos of the van so people can keep an eye out on other forums and places it may pop up.

As most of you can imagine I've put a lot of money and effort into this thing and it's my most prized (and valuable) possession in my life.

Please if you live in the Salt Lake City or Murray UT areas (or anywhere for that matter) keep an eye out for the van attached in this post.

Details:
2018 Ram ProMaster, White highroof
Front lift with beefy black rimmed tires
Large windows on all sides
Solar on the roof
Front roof line nub lights
Body is in perfect shape
Inside is fully converted for living - has kitchen, bed, storage and wood stained a teal-ish color.
It had a temp tag on the back at the time it was stolen.

VIN: 3C6TRVBG6JE115874

View attachment 68714
Sorry to hear that.
I am at the point now where I am aware of so many car break-ins and auto thefts that some high-end car alarm on its own separate stealth battery is the only way to go !
The value is that the better alarms have audible warning alarms even when the thief or burglar gets even too close to the vehicle.
The dirt ball - even if they are competent -- will also know that it is of no use to them to disable the car battery as the better alarms have their own internal back-up batteries.
This will mitigate both theft of the vehicle, and also the more likely break-ins to steal contents !
Good luck !

·
Registered
2016 Promaster eco diesel, 159wb High Roof
34 Posts
wow I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I really feel for you. I know this could happen to us too and the horror it must feel like to see it gone. We are in the SW on the road full time for a couple months so we will keep an eye out for it. If they are dumb enough to leave your plates on what are the first three characters?

all the best. I’m sure it’s a hard feeling to get over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Even if the owner accidently left a key in the van, this doesn't justify it getting stolen. Sure, it's great to know that the keys make it hard to steal, but making such a big deal about the keys and implying it was her fault, kinda sounds a bit too much like asking a woman who was raped what she was wearing...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear, Catie. That's gotta be heartbreaking no matter the situation. We'll keep a lookout for it in the Denver metro area.

·
Registered
2020 Promaster 2500, 159wb
56 Posts
What type of alarm system is included in my 2020 2500 159wb Promaster?

There is a flashing blue light on windshield by the rear view mirror. I cannot find info in owners manual or in this forum as to what that flashing light is.

I'm sure it deters a thief, but is it an actual alarm system? I don't see the upcharge on my window sticker either.

Any ideas?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts