Hello,

i´m Peter from Munich.
My car is a Fiat Ducato Weinsberg RV like this:

Greatings to all
...an sorry, for my bad englisch :laugh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome, Peter. Nice RV! At 1:20 into the video, it shows a bright area in the ceiling. Is that a sun roof or a light fixture? If sun roof, does it open?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good info, thanks. It's useful to learn of items that are not common here in the USA.

>The maximum speed with the closed Midi-sun-roof is according to the manufacturer only 80 mph.
No Autobahn here...I've yet to drive my ProMaster over 65mph.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Autobahn here...I've yet to drive my ProMaster over 65mph.
Oops - sorry. My RV with the small 2,3L-Diesel-Engine only drives maximum-speed 100 mph.
But I drive on the Autobahn usually only 60 mph.
That's much "cozier".

The guy in the video is faster. 111 mph with a Ducato/Promaster Diesel:

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Here in the USA "ram recalls trucks that go too fast" a recall was just issued of course I'm not saying what trucks just saying.
The Whole title is:
"ram recalls trucks that go too fast FOR THEIR TIRES"
big difference in meaning! Tires should be rated to be safe for the top speed of the vehicle!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Peter,
I think the camper setup in your van is super. I plan on doing a conversion myself similar to your set up so I have a few questions.
Which wheelbase length is your van? The one in the first video please.
Does the bathroom have a shower?
How wide is the bed?
I speak metric. Thank you for posting!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Thanks Peter,
That diagram is almost exactly what I will build into my 136 in high top diesel 3.0l

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Not BavarianBoy here but RD concerned that you may not be aware our M40 ATM transmission is rated for just the output we get from our 3.0L engine. If you chip for more HP and or torque you risk exploding a perfectly good tranny. Our 3.0L is used in Cantor trucks and produces more there IIRC so I am sure you could get more. Have fun and let us know how it works out.

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
We haven’t seen or heard from BB on the forum in 3 years. He was a knowitall with limited imagination who had a hard time understanding the American way of doing things (to put it mildly). Unfortunate, because we all could have learned a lot from each other but when you are trained to only think within the narrow box you do tend to miss out on a lot in life. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Yea- and BB left before I could get him to send me over a Fiat grill for cheap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not BavarianBoy here but RD concerned that you may not be aware our M40 ATM transmission is rated for just the output we get from our 3.0L engine. If you chip for more HP and or torque you risk exploding a perfectly good tranny. Our 3.0L is used in Cantor trucks and produces more there IIRC so I am sure you could get more. Have fun and let us know how it works out.
Thanks for the feedback. I understand the risks, as I do have a background in tuning my other performance vehicles (granted those platforms are more robust for performance tuning). I'm not as concerned with more power as I am with how the power gets delivered from standstill in first gear. Fully loaded, my 2500(159wb) is approximately 9500 lbs. and regularly drive it on backroads to rock climbing crags out in the Eastern Sierras of California. Next time I'm at the location that gave me trouble I'm going to measure the grade (which was not that severe). I just desire a more responsive take off driving in 1st.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts