Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm very seriously thinking for buying a Promaster instead of a new Transit. I figured I needed to come hang out here for awhile.
I stopped at a dealer last week and was able to stand upright in a low roof. Which is huge because I want it to also fit in the garage.
I came home and the low roof 136" should fit nicely so today I scheduled a test drive next week and will bring it home to see.

Todd

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's why I bought one. I've owned seven E-series vans in the last twenty rears. I'm usually a Ford guy, but they got the dimensions all wrong on the Transit. I am 6' 3". I wanted something I could walk in without hitting my head on every roof rib. It also needed to be less than 9' overall height. I still want to be able to get lunch at the drive through at Mickey D's. This may seem trivial, but if I went with the Ford I couldn't have it both ways. It is either a medium roof that is too short inside, or a tall roof that is too tall outside. The dimensions of my 159" 2500 are perfect for my needs. There are definitely things about the PM that make you go what the h??? But it's a utility vehicle. To me, size is one of the most important factors.

·
Registered
887 Posts
My tip, check the build date inside the drivers door. I'd try to avoid vans built in 2013. The newer, the better. The factory was still learning how to assemble these back in 2013. Those vans seemed to have more nagging assembly issues, like paint, doors not shutting right, etc. Some dealers still have some very early builds sitting on lots. No reason to buy one of those when you can get a newer build. I made my dealer find me a newer build van.

Mine was built in 6/14. Fit and finish are great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the insight, Dwight.
I had borrowed an early ProMaster and the fit and finish were horrible. Sure its a van, but in today's manufacturing and quality capable methods, I found it to be inexcusable.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove the Promaster last week and I can say it wasn't bad. I do need arm rests on both sides of the seat. I really don't see an issue with the steering wheel not tilting. The cruise held better than my Chevy pickup. All in all I'm seeing a new Promaster in my future, if I can get the color, options and price. Todd

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Welcome Todd
Ford should of brought the front wheel drive here. I think the North American consumer is
not ready for it yet for some reason.
The Pm arm rest can not be installed on the left driver side and right passenger side because
of the inseat air bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts