Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys,

My name is Jeff, and I'm looking forwards to owning a Ram Promaster soon! I am an avid mountain biker and motorcyclist, and my wife and I often road trip all over Northern California with our bikes and motos filling my little Tacoma to the brim. A Promaster should be perfect for our adventures!

Thanks in advance for the hints, tricks, and help!

- Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome. A 136" should give you lots of room for 2 motos and 2 bikes and perhaps even a bit of camping space if wanted. You are going to love this van!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Howdy guys,

My name is Jeff, and I'm looking forwards to owning a Ram Promaster soon! I am an avid mountain biker and motorcyclist, and my wife and I often road trip all over Northern California with our bikes and motos filling my little Tacoma to the brim. A Promaster should be perfect for our adventures!

- Jeff
Welcome neighbor, I'm up the road in Sonoma County.
You're gonna love the PM. Petaluma dealer had a fair selection when I bought mine earlier this year, not sure what they have now but I have to take mine in soon so I'll take a look

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome neighbor, I'm up the road in Sonoma County.
You're gonna love the PM. Petaluma dealer had a fair selection when I bought mine earlier this year, not sure what they have now but I have to take mine in soon so I'll take a look
Nice to e-meet ya! We stopped by the Petaluma dealer on Saturday last weekend and they had a few, but were not willing to negotiate on price, and all vans were white. My wife is adamant that we don't end up with a white van in the driveway!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome from another Sonoma county PM fan.
I went through the same thing with the Petaluma dealer. I asked the price, he looked at the sticker and read it to me. Would not budge. None of the units on the lot were what I wanted anyway so I looked elsewhere. Ended up getting it from Shaver Auto group in Thousand Oaks. They delivered from LA to my door for about 18% below msrp. They have a large commercial department there and were able to add incentives that the local dealer was going to keep for themselves.

Auto world service department is fine, I use Fernando as my service advisor.

You will love the van.

Howdy guys,

- Jeff

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bump it up to a 159 wb. Nice size for bikes and camping, yet small enough to park on side streets. Longer wheelbase also means smoother ride. Where I live the diagonal parking spaces are designed to accommodate large pickups so parking is no problem. Pleasantly surprised to find parking spots in Seattle also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the nice notes, guys!

We landed a 136" wheelbase high roof in the granite crystal (spacey brown) color, and it had a ton of sweet upgrades- trailer hitch, cruise control, all kinds of comforts up front, etc. We got a good deal, too, about $6k below MSRP. We have been going motoing and MTBing in it already- so nice to change inside a van!

The hardest part was getting financing. Due to the commercial vehicle aspect, all dealers were quoting me a whopping 5%- ugh! We got a credit union to work with us, and finally settled on 2.49% after writing a letter to the vice president. Three other credit unions shot us down, and Wells Fargo/BofA both quoted almost 6%!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts