Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!

Last week I purchased a new 2014 118" RamPro 1500 and I was a little bit skeptical about getting a vehicle of this size. But after a week of driving it (600 miles so far)...I am really enjoying the extra room! Coming from a Subaru Forester XT...this thing is a beast! :) I use it to haul my motorcycles, dogs, bicycles, lumber, etc.

My plans are to lower the rear (remove smaller leaf spring , replace the two door speakers with better quality speakers, tint the rear - side - drivers - pass windows, soundproof the fender wells, floor, and sides, powdercoat the wheels flat black then drive the wheels off it!

Nice meeting everyone!

Dave
Gainesville FL

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Great plan Dave. It stays fun to drive for months and the sound work will pay off big time in your ability to hear your radio or passenger (if you want to) Welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered a set of Kicker 6.5 speakers from Crutchfield today. Hopefully they will arrive Friday. I plan on dropping the rear of the van this Friday. That will knock two projects out of the way. Yeah! ?

I did the radio update on my lunch break today. My radio's version was like 4.0 something.....I installed the latest 6.0 version. I am not sure what features I gained or lost. I haven't had a chance to mess with it. Pretty simple to do....the radio recognized the software update on my USB stick and it did the rest. Just make sure there are no pictures, documents, or anything on the USB stick. Just format the USB stick first before unzipping the new radio software and it should work fine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi neighbor Dave in Gainesville. Came close to buying a left over 118" ProMaster, but decided it was just too short & I should stick to my guns - wait for regular length PM.

Have you have it long enough to comment on how good AC is on a hot humid sunny day in North FL?

Also, where did you find it? Was frustrated that the big glitzy Ram Truck dealers in both Gainesville & Ocala did not sell or service PM when I searched. Was told they wouldn't even be selling PM parts!

Nearest Ram Truck dealer selling PM was in Palatka, of all places.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Florida friends. We purchased our unit in North Carolina at the end of August and drove it back to Orlando. Already in the process of customizing her as we speak. It took me almost all of last month to get the rims and tires ready. Hope to see you soon on the roads.

Thanks - EventXPERTS Marketing Team

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice wheels been thinking about powder coating/plastidip rims, but would rather put some new rims/wheels on my PM. What kind of rims/tires do you have on your PM? Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rims and Tires

I used the 18x8inch ATX rims that Sherry Vans is using. I powder-coated them black and then put BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. I chose this tire because it was the correct load rating (E) for what I need. However in using this tire, there is some rubbing, and my next project is to trim some of the inner wheel well.

I have only had them on for 3 days and have had numerous compliments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts