Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Yula. My husband Alex and I test drove our first van today - a 1500 (short) Promaster. I don't know all the terminology yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it all up. It seemed a little bit small. After we parked beside a (sold) 2500, we decided that this would be better for our future conversion - it was about 23" longer.

I found this awesome forum when looking for floor plans, so that we can have somewhere to jot down our ideas. Thanks for running this forum, I'm sure I'll be back here very often over the next year!

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Welcome. High top vans?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Definitely high-top as a small shower & toilet is a requirement. I'm looking around and it looks like the best one for us is the 2500, 159 wheel-base, 236 length and 99.4" height.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Thanks. Definitely high-top as a small shower & toilet is a requirement. I'm looking around and it looks like the best one for us is the 2500, 159 wheel-base, 236 length and 99.4" height.
Welcome from a fellow Canadian! I think the 159-inch high top is an excellent choice [and one that also satisfies my confirmation bias :) !] So much room but can still park nearly anywhere. Have fun with your build. Ask lots of questions. The community here is great.

Reactions: Yula.ca

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today we drove the Ford Transit. I liked it, it drives more like our SUV. It's narrower though, and without putting the extensions in the back, it doesn't seem that we can have a fixed bed across the width. I've googled so much and can't for the life of me find a simple layout that would suit us. We will likely go with the Promaster, my husband likes it better. We had to try the Ford before making a decision.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,838 Posts
Not all, but I don’t hold it against those who do. :) I fell in love with the Ducato five years before the PM hit the market. Never wanted anything else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome!
Was writing up a deal on Medium Roof Transit (I was bangin my head in) in Fort Worth but dealer was jackin me on trade-in. Went down the road and scored the HIGH roof PM I'm much happier with (with twice the trade-in value) ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Living in the Northeast, the ProMaster with FWD sealed the deal for us! (We actually went with the 136" LR since we'll be camping - vs. living - in the van.)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts