Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up. I am 68 years old and will be purchasing new Ram Promaster in the spring. Already talked with dealer and did some lookin'. Plan is to make it into a traveling van and won't be sleeping in it. We like to visit Air BNB's and get to know folks and areas that way. We want to make the van so that we can stop occasionally and rest by lying down on interior beds, little napping, no hurry. Also want to be able to potty when the need arises on the road. I am colon cancer survivor and my plumbing has been surgically shortened and rearranged so that I am more regular than most. Will just be adding 105ah deep cycle battery and inverter for MaxxAir fan and electric tea kettle and other small electrical gadgets we might use. Maybe a little brush your teeth sink and maybe one swivel seat. No AC.
Am using the forum to make some decisions. 118 wb or 136 wb. Already decided on low roof. My wife is only 5'2 and can stand up in it and I am 5'6 1/2. I stoop naturally so shouldn't be any problem as were not full timing or camping in it. Have owned 2 VW vans while in Germany. One Astro Van and one full tilt custom Chevy Express. We also owned at one time a 24' class C and a coupla years ago I built a teardrop from scratch. Our favorite vehicle was the Chevy Astro van.

·
Super Moderator
10,195 Posts
You are all set to post now, but your other posts will not show up so you will have to repost them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Happy to see another Austinite on the forum. I'm in north Austin, near Pflugerville. Have a 2017 2500 159" high top that I'm converting into a camper van. Lots of good information and ideas can be found on this forum and plenty of folks willing to share their experiences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts