Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am just starting to research a self build of a camping van and found this forum. I really like the Mercedes Sprinter but am concerned about ease of finding maintenance around the US, including in my hometown which doesn't have a Mercedes or Freightmaster dealership. It seems like finding service for ProMasters at home (3 dealers locally) and while on the road would be much easier, so I'm leaning that way. My biggest question right now is how well the tall, long wheel base units handle, especially in high winds. I've read several reviews where the reviewers don't like the handling of the ProMasters. I'd like to hear from people who have actually converted them to campers and have traveled a lot of miles as to how they handle.

Thanks!

BTW - I currently camp with a high mileage 2006 Honda Pilot pulling a 16' Scamp (fiberglass camper). I love my Scamp and my Pilot but I really don't like towing a trailer and it is almost time to retire the Pilot due to mileage.

·
Super Moderator
10,215 Posts
Welcome. I believe you will find it handles much better than either the Sprinter or Transit. Don't believe the reviews.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,549 Posts
The 136" can stay true outrunning an Oklahoma tornado at 80mph with a 65mph crosswind. Handles better than any other vehicle we have owned.

Sprinter-Transit folk complain about wind, other vehicles. We don't.

Make sure your dealers work on PM. Not all do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts