Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been thinking about getting a Ram Promaster 136" high roof as my daily driver and light camping (I have a Class A motorhome for longer trips). But my HOA says no vehicles over 8', so I've started thinking about a 136" low roof. I'm 5'11" so I know I'll have to stoop when moving around in the back.

Searching around, I've found two vans that for some reason have me interested. One is a cool looking 136" low roof that was customized for a company selling truck parts. You can see it at https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ctd/d/2014-ram-promaster-1500-low/6354368635.html

If it were $5k less, I probably couldn't resist.

And then there's a 2015 low roof Sherrod conversion with just 9k miles, which is probably a better deal than the one above. At $32k it's a good deal for a factory conversion, but still $7k more than I'd want to spend on it (especially with new 2017 PM's available for around $27k).

Having owned two Sprinters, both of which left me stranded several times and spent a lot of time in the shop, I'll not get one of those again. The Promasters have a lot going for them - it's just hard to find the exact one I want - a 136" high or low roof window van with low miles and at a reasonable price.

I'll keep looking and eventually end up with one.

Bill

·
Registered
414 Posts
Make an offer. Have the cash or be pre-approved. It's just business n you may get lucky

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Jeeze- the official height of our 136 High top is 99 inches and 8 feet is 96” Won't they give the three inches? I’d ask for a variance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts