Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum just wanted to say hi! Picked up 2018 2500 promaster 159 high roof. Planning to convert it to live full time. Rent prices in san francisco/bay area is ridiculous. Will definitely take pictures of my build and keep you all updated. Ive been lurking around for a bit and did alot of research for interior insulation and got some awesome ideas for the design. If anyone from san francisco/bay area want to help me that would be cool or give me some pointers would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats and nice picked up !! Don't know why anyone to live in SF or Cal for that matter. It's so ridiculous expensive state to live in well except for good weather yearly around. Used to flew (SFO) in Monday morning and flew out Friday afternoon coming home for past 5 yrs or so

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,521 Posts
Wow! The whole van fits on an SF driveway. When we visited my son in SF, we had to park our 136" with its front into the street between parked cars and there was just enough room for pedestrians to squeeze behind it.

I will be in SF in a few weeks. I'll shoot you a PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the South Bay and doing a build now, happy to exchange ideas. (That reminds me - I need to update my build thread)
Goodmorning. What route did you take for Insulation? If you went the polysio way did you have the foil face facing inside the van or against the metal?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! The whole van fits on an SF driveway. When we visited my son in SF, we had to park our 136" with its front into the street between parked cars and there was just enough room for pedestrians to squeeze behind it.

I will be in SF in a few weeks. I'll shoot you a PM.
Hi! Yeah i was suprised that it fit especially in san francisco. Definitely give me a pm would like to meet fellow promasters!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats! You both look very happy. That is a great "blank canvas" you have there to build upon!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Goodmorning. What route did you take for Insulation? If you went the polysio way did you have the foil face facing inside the van or against the metal?
Polyiso 1" dual-face foil (HD/Lowes), but I only used it for the floor. If you have single-foil face, I'd recommend foil facing the van. I used Thinsulate for walls/roof.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
All the polyiso I have ever seen has foil on both sides. One side is aluminum colored and the other is dyed or painted. silver side towards the air space not the side you glued to. It’s a reflective surface and you want that to have a gap to work with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the polyiso I have ever seen has foil on both sides. One side is aluminum colored and the other is dyed or painted. silver side towards the air space not the side you glued to. It’s a reflective surface and you want that to have a gap to work with.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do you guys think about not covering all the insulation with wood? I was thinking it would be covered by cabinets/drawers etc.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
That will be fine. My ceiling is 1” polyiso with headliner fabric glued to it, nothing else. Nothing needed inside cabinets but a glued on fabric would look nice, be cheap and quick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts