Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for sometime and finally purchased a new 2016 Promaster 136 High Top Diesel Cargo at the end of March 2017.
I have started a camper conversion by installing Thinsulate from Hein and have some of the wiring done.
I have been camping since I was a kid and have progressed from backpacking and tent camping to various forms of car and truck campers over the years. I have repaired, remodeled and refurbished all of the ones I have owned. My favorite was a Westfalia van I had for a few years so my conversion will be similar to that with the addition of a small shower and cassette toilet. I plan to keep is as light as possible.
I do not plan to document all the details of the build but I will show progress along the way with pictures.
Thank you all for your posts here and hope I can contribute a little here and there.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Welcome. You are going to love the diesel. I get almost the exact same fuel mileage as my 79 Westy got- 26+. We went the lightweight modular path and are happy with our results. You can get everything in that 136 but you will need to research the space and perhaps mock up with cardboard to make it fit. I call that CAD- cardboard aided design. Welcome!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Whereabouts are ya? I'm in Richland, WA; have been futzing about with building on my diesel for nearly two years now. Its at the 'functional' stage, has been for a year, but is far from finished.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 65 miles from you Zyzzyx up in Bickleton. We do come down to the Tri-Cities on occasion. Maybe meet up sometime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RD- I did use your CAD mockup and will put the toilet behind the drivers seat.

Z- I am about 65 miles from you in Bickleton. We get to the Tri-Cities on occasion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts