Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping the collective wisdom out there can help me out. I know that there's already been some discussion about Kinro windows.

We'd like to install awning-type windows in the rear cargo doors (no windows there now and the windows would only be opened while stationary), and came across some glass windows vs. the acrylic ones (Arctic Tern). Two makes are Hehr 6400 series (- Pelland Enterprises) and Kinro 3000 series (Kinro 3000 Frameless Window - RV Windows).

Would these work on the rear cargo doors? And any suggestions on how to get around the OEM stipulation?

Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
8,679 Posts
What is the OEM stipulation? The Kinro should work I had 2 of their awning ones in my old Promaster but no idea what series they were.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Aside from dimensions, be mindful of the curve on the rear doors.
Rear door windows just came up recently and I remember reading someone saying the windows they used, matched the curve of the door.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aside from dimensions, be mindful of the curve on the rear doors.
Rear door windows just came up recently and I remember reading someone saying the windows they used, matched the curve of the door.
I don't know if I caught that particular thread, but I do recall some talk about Arctic Tern windows recently.

·
Super Moderator
8,679 Posts
Sounds as if they only sell it to manufacturers and the replacement is just the glass but it really isn’t very helpful, is it! Can you contact them fir more info?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds as if they only sell it to manufacturers and the replacement is just the glass but it really isn’t very helpful, is it! Can you contact them fir more info?
That's on my to-do list for tomorrow? (Can I use that on "What did you do to your Promaster today"? 😜

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called two companies that carry Kinro windows - Pelland Enterprises and Duncan by Lippert (which I reached via kinro.com). They sounded willing to work with me and will get back to me with quotes. Just using the online estimator (which isn't very detailed), I got an estimate on a single-paned stationary (that I don't want) window with tinted glass for $282 in a size that has a comparable price of $390 in the Arctic Tern windows. There's a four-week turnaround for the windows because they're custom made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts