Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Brand new 2015 Promaster, a couple thousand miles on it. Heater worked fantastically on trip, parked it for a week or so, fired it up yesterday and drove it to town... no heat. The AC works, but it's still winter!

It's under warranty so yes, i can take it to the dealer, but would love to avoid that hassle.

Checked fuses, in cab and under hood, although i didn't see a heater fuse. Just thought I'd post and see if by chance somebody might have a home fix or recommendations on what to check.

Thanks much,

NM

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
What doesn't work? The fan doesn't blow? or it does and no heat comes out? If the former the fuses are the issue or an electrical plug is at fault or the blower motor is defective. If the second the radiator is low or the vacuum valve in the heater coolant circuit is not working, perhaps a vacuum hose is defective. Go to the dealer. BTW the coolant is an Organic Acid (Additive) Technology product so don't add regular green coolant!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What doesn't work? The fan doesn't blow? or it does and no heat comes out? If the former the fuses are the issue or an electrical plug is at fault or the blower motor is defective. If the second the radiator is low or the vacuum valve in the heater coolant circuit is not working, perhaps a vacuum hose is defective. Go to the dealer. BTW the coolant is an Organic Acid (Additive) Technology product so don't add regular green coolant!
No heat... blower works well, and A/C works/blows. I didn't see a fuse for "heater" though... it could be labeled as something else. I checked under hood box and driver dash fuse box. Perhaps a dealer visit.:(

And thanks for tip on coolant, i was told that unbeknownst to me from the SMOG guy...good to know or I'd of added the reg stuff!

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,449 Posts
Had similar problem in '02 S-10, checked water level, heater tubing and blower, nothing amiss. Thinking the heater core was airlocked I push a garden hose sprayer into the disconnected heater hoses to flush both ways. Reconnected and filled radiator. Not sure how to do it with Organic coolant.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,449 Posts
If air flow changes from defrost vent to dash vents to floor vent works and you only get a/c and no heat i bet the heater core or hoses have an air lock, it's not allowing hot water to flow. Older systems you can use a garden hose to flush with water then top off radiator. Not sure how to do it on a modern system.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
It is not the fuse! Low coolant, the vacuum system not opening the heater valve or perhaps a stuck thermostat. Check them in that order. I suspect the first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is not the fuse! Low coolant, the vacuum system not opening the heater valve or perhaps a stuck thermostat. Check them in that order. I suspect the first.
copy that, sorry, i misunderstood. Thank you for the help , Loving the ProMaster otherwise !

·
Registered
538 Posts
No vacuum heater valve in a PM. It has a electric servo motor that opens a blend door to admit hot air into the stream into the cabin. I posted a thread on this repair last November. It's a under $30 part from Advance auto and has a lifetime warranty. Very awkward to change it though. I detailed that in my thread on it. Good news is my new one is still working fine 7 months later.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No vacuum heater valve in a PM. It has a electric servo motor that opens a blend door to admit hot air into the stream into the cabin. I posted a thread on this repair last November. It's a under $30 part from Advance auto and has a lifetime warranty. Very awkward to change it though. I detailed that in my thread on it. Good news is my new one is still working fine 7 months later.
Could you kindly post a link to your fix for this problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts